Anyone Going To Daytona Bike Week?

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Was planning to go and was just seeing if any other .org members are going.

It'll be first time ever down there pretty excited. Need to know the good spots to go.

My first time too. Let's exchange #s before hand so we can all get together.

I always run day trips from NE Orlando area. Depends on my March schedule. I should know by tomorrow night.
Troy

Fate. Exit 261b off of 95, south bound ,left at first red light flea market will be on your right. campground at end of flea market, its owned by the market. 17.50 a night per head, not bad considering some places. mike.

Last edited:
Fate. Exit 261b off of 95, south bound ,left at first red light flea market will be on your right. campground at end of flea market, its owned by the market. 17.50 a night per head, not bad considering some places. 912 242 3713 mike.
going down thursday afternoon to set up camp. Taking some first timers down.

Yes but not close, 70miles either direction. Greencovedragway.com 1/8th mile very friendly folks, lots of grudge bikes so if you aren't +14, its hard to get a 60' anywhere near these guys. You can make tons of passes against some very fast, very experienced guys. Billy Barton, Justin and Chris Hall are all great sports and good people. In the other direction is Orlando Speedway, NHRA certified track. Be prepared for long waits, but it is a good track. http://www.raceosw.com/dragway/results-points/ Just don't expect much socialization.

Ahh yea that might be too far out. Don't think I'll get bored with the festivities to need to travel that far to get some runs in. Thanks for the information.

Understood. I live here and its 80miles either way for me, I am right at the waterline. I love racing, but losing motivation to go so far. I know people that live farther and go every weekend but its getting old. Every time I drive and it starts pouring right at the gate, or the lights don't work, or I only get 4 passes over 6 hours. I don't know.

Yea that's the thing. Would have driving 12+ hours down there and then spend a day at the track for only a few runs.

Would like to meet up with you guys and go for a ride but my tranny is still at R &D. Nothing happens quickly there. No way my bike will be up in March. April looks unlikely.

same poop here if I go to NJ. its 2 hours plus fukn tolls and pot holes and asssholes on the road smh! or I go to NY and its still 2 hours. cops don't bother me lol but still how fast can u really go with a trailer?

Understood. I live here and its 80miles either way for me, I am right at the waterline. I love racing, but losing motivation to go so far. I know people that live farther and go every weekend but its getting old. Every time I drive and it starts pouring right at the gate, or the lights don't work, or I only get 4 passes over 6 hours. I don't know.

Yeah, and I heard there are some real sugarbritches up there at that those tracks. I don't know. I had a fire to try and break into the 7s but honestly, I don't know that it is worth it. And thank goodness I have reserves this weekend for bike week. Gets me out of town.

So far weather is calling for rain when I am going to be down there. Looks like I might just be hanging out at the indoor pool

Fate. Exit 261b off of 95, south bound ,left at first red light flea market will be on your right. campground at end of flea market, its owned by the market. 17.50 a night per head, not bad considering some places. mike.
already booked hotel, darn that would have been much cheaper

Back