Anyone Flash a 2013 yet?

nitro71455

Registered
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for the Yosh plug on the 2013 and can't find it. The harness is a bit different than my 08. Has anyone had any luck flashing a 2013?

--Rich

My 2013 does not have the plugs indicated in the destructions. Here's a quick shot of the 3 plugs I have where they appear to be on your '08. Keep in mind, the 3 ping plug is off the pressure sensor mounted next to the ECU. The other 2 plugs are the SDS connector and a 2 wire connector. There is no 8 pin Yosh anywhere under my seat, near the ECU, under my tank or anywhere else obvious or within reach of the adapter cable to go between the ECU and Yosh connector.

I haven't stripped plastics off yet to dig further, but wanted to see if anyone else has had an issue with a '13? All the instructions on boostbysmith, the forum here and Woolrich's site make no reference that the 2013 is different.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

busaplugs.jpg

Harness may have changed because of the addition of ABS.

Apparantly on the new gixxer 1000 it was moved further into the tail. Perhaps look deeper into the tail section.

Just a guess.

RSD.

Do you have a part number for the ECU?

Are the connectors on the ECU the same?

If you are experienced with flashing, you could tap into the Rx and Tx pins at the ecu itself.

Found out a secondary harness is needed to convert the 2 pin on the 13's to the yosh connector for the flashing harness.

You sure there just isn't a plug cap on it? You're talking about the dealer plug right?

i just had a look under the covers of my 2013 and no yoshi connector.
bike has a completely new loom and ecu ( expected an ecu for the abs but no...just 1 ecu ).
glad this post was started as i was about to get the tuning kit and had assumed that aspect of the loom would be the same...don't think my dealer is aware of these changes as he was talking about tweaking the fuelling on mine with a yoshi box if i change the cans.

i just had a look under the covers of my 2013 and no yoshi connector.
bike has a completely new loom and ecu ( expected an ecu for the abs but no...just 1 ecu ).
glad this post was started as i was about to get the tuning kit and had assumed that aspect of the loom would be the same...don't think my dealer is aware of these changes as he was talking about tweaking the fuelling on mine with a yoshi box if i change the cans.

I wouldn't recommend the Yosh box for tuning at all...

I wouldn't recommend the Yosh box for tuning at all...

yeah...wasn't planning to after the balls up they made to fuelling of the Bking i had...ended up resetting it myself in work using an exhaust analyser and a smithy's kit borrowed from a mate.
dealer has no tools to do the job properly....yoshi box is rather crude

Speaking with Woolich, they are saying the type 6 harness should work with the 2013 Busa if it doesn't have the Yosh connector. Does anyone with a 2013 actually have a Yosh connector factory?

You can always buy a Dynojet Power Commander 5 and a custom dyno tune, which should overide the ECU air/fuel mixture functions. That's what I am about to do at my performance shop.

The PowerCommander is limited in it's ability in comparison to working with the ECU. Fuel adjustments are great, but with the ECU, you can adjust everything.

Yosh plug is the black one, not the white one.

Yes the 13's harness is different. I have flashed a couple of B-Kings and Busa's the k13's harness is super clean when you take the seat off.

If you are going to flash one you have to use the harness that Gofast mentioned.

Yes the 13's harness is different. I have flashed a couple of B-Kings and Busa's the k13's harness is super clean when you take the seat off.

If you are going to flash one you have to use the harness that Gofast mentioned.

I know, I have a bench flasher, makes it easy, no jumper needed:laugh:
I've put a jumper on my Busa and B-King, and a couple others, but just saves time to pull the ecu. Unless the bike is going for an ecu ed dyno tune, then of course you need the jumper harness on it.
Done 12 Busas and 4 B-Kings now.
Just basics, Smart TRE enabled and top speed limiter gone, stp's opening rate increased and 1st/5th map copied to 2,3,4,6 with 100% fueling, fuel soft cut removed, fans on 10 degrees sooner. Same flash on the B-Kings just with B-King gauges enabled.
B-King's had cold air intake mods(as the stock box sucks)and exhaust valve(exvac)opened too.
Amazing what clicking a few buttons and a 4 minute flash will do.
Greg Smith is the man:thumbsup:

I knew you knew which plug too, I was just quoting the post above mine:beerchug:

My harness will arrive tomorrow. I'll update this thread with the results.

I have the type 6 harness in stock if anyone needs one. I didn't realize this was the case on the 2013 until a few days ago. Zuki trying to make it harder LOL

Back