Anyone ever tried the scottoiler?

OB_Supermax

Registered
The Busa is the first chain drive bike I have had in a long time. I ride 15,000 to 20,000 miles every year, so shaft drive has been a blessing. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this system and if it works or not. This is the best part of these forums in my opinion, you can find ot if a product works or not witout spending the money first! Thanks for any info.

Yep, works great IMHO, but then I live in a country where it rains just as much as in the UK and keeping the chain lubed is a hell of a job.

I still despise chain drive because of that but as long as they don't make a nice enough bike with shaftdrive for my tastes, I'll do with a Scottoiler on the Busa.

BTW, the challenge is to mount the associated "hardware" in a stealth way, so hardly anybody notices it's there.

Animal,
How long does a set of chain and sprockets usually last you, on this or anyother bike you have used the oiler on? And, is this system cleaner or messier on the wheel and body parts than standard lube?
Thanks, Alex

Supermax,

Their site tells it all on http://www.scottoiler.co.uk

I can't tell you how long chain&sprockets last yet as I ride way too little miles for that although I have been using this thing on my other bike for over 2 years already.

My experience and from what I've heard from many others that do loads of miles show me that it really works as advertised. There's not much (if any) sales-hype in the way they put it on their site.

I can make you some pics of how/where I've installed mine on the Busa if you want?

Keeping it on the lowest flow setting means there's no mess at all, increasing the flow towards the maximum will have some mess fling-off and in the Busa's case this might mean that some can get on the rear tire's edge as well, but increasing the flow above minimum is really only necessary when e.g. you're riding it in the rain, so normal in my country but I don't know about your area.
In general, the only mess you can have with the Scottoiler is from what flings-off around the back of the rear sprocket, contrary to whatever you can mess-up by spraying by hand in many other areas.

Please be aware that you need a vacuum connection, so either use the #1 or #4 vacuum connection at the throttlebodies after removing respectively the airbox flapper valve vacuum line or the PAIR system vacuum line or you'll have to T one of the many available vacuum lines on the Busa for the Scottoiler vacuum connection.

Back