Anyone ever take xanax?

I've been on them off and on (more on) for like 15 years now. Very good for anxiety, however once you become addicted to them it is very hard to stop (I know). Problem is the withdrawals are basically panic attacks (thus the never ending cycle). So if anxiety is a real problem as it was with me they can be a real life saver - but as stated they are HIGHLY addictive (mentally and physically).

my tolerance for xanax is zero....  it kicks me sideways for some reason...  morphine based meds do nothing to me...  

but then again I took one of those sleep aids and shaved my own head in my sleep  
rofl.gif
I was thinking of you when I read this. Throw those pics up and I bet he flushes the pills down the toilet.
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Man talk about a good nights sleep! I have to say last night was the first night I slept all the way through the night did not get up once. I usualy get up every hour or so for about 15 min and toss and turn untill I fall back asleep. But not last night. I will get this anixety stuff under control, use to have it real bad, but got over it then so I will now. Thanks for the replys guys. Oh the Dr wants me to take 3 a day, I dont see my being able to function if I do that.

Man talk about a good nights sleep! I have to say last night was the first night I slept all the way through the night did not get up once. I usualy get up every hour or so for about 15 min and toss and turn untill I fall back asleep. But not last night. I will get this anixety stuff under control, use to have it real bad, but got over it then so I will now. Thanks for the replys guys. Oh the Dr wants me to take 3 a day, I dont see my being able to function if I do that.
I am not a doctor, but I would not recommend taking three a day.

a guy I work with took the prescribed dosage, which on my bottle says 1 .5 every 6 hours. He wasnt able to come into work, he slured his words, didnt remember phone conversations. jacked his a$$ up

If I take one cut in half which is .25 it takes care of my anxiety. and I weight 225 pounds.

And remember they can become addicting.

I am reluctant to really say much more because I dont want to say anything contrary to what your doctor is telling you because I am not a doctor. but just be careful and remember you know best how your body reacts to the meds and follow what you feel is best.

I actually have been not taking them at times I feel I need them because they screw up my weights lifting (ever bench 225 pounds and realize half way through the press it really doesnt matter ugh lol )

Plus if I take one too close to bed time, knocks the snott out of me, have a hard time waking up and am usually groggy all day.

my tolerance for xanax is zero.... it kicks me sideways for some reason... morphine based meds do nothing to me...

but then again I took one of those sleep aids and shaved my own head in my sleep
rofl.gif
I was thinking of you when I read this. Throw those pics up and I bet he flushes the pills down the toilet.
rofl.gif
I will save myself the humiliation and him the nightmares
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

my tolerance for xanax is zero....  it kicks me sideways for some reason...  morphine based meds do nothing to me...  

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
I will save myself the humiliation and him the nightmares  
rofl.gif
Oh, come on Bogus, That was one of the all time best threads!! I feel out of my chair and about busted my azz laughing so hard at you expense......

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

I think I am still traumatized over that little drug interaction myself.... (have you seen the new warnings on it? I was contacted by the drug company after our rep found out about it)

But in keeping with the spirit of this fine group of comedians... I took the Blue Pill

Be very careful with any psychotropic drugs. Prescriptions are an inexact science and no one really knows how you will react to a particular dosage.
Pay attention to your body "bio-feedback".
You may have the same results undertaking a regular exercise program or making slight changes to your diet.

Good luck...

Great just flipping great, now I am gonna wake up bald, and may even go shave the neighbors dog,, this is lovely lol.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

yea well better the dog, trust me......... you know the priceless commercials? that was my home that morning...

rofl.gif

somnolence with amnesia.... not a normal reaction by any stretch but also not unheard of now... they have documented cases of guys driving their cars and returning home without any recall... scary huh? I can hear the murder defense guys ramping up now...

yeah no kidding.. I use to drive to waffle house and not remember. My sister was a waitress there and said i was normal. heck that was with out meds.. no teling what I will do now lol.. Maybe have Jessica keep a eye on me lol

Na my wife Jessica lol.
Oh.. thought maybe you took two .5's and was in a drug induced fantasy muah ha ha...

Not that Jessica Simpson is hotter than your wife.. I mean.. uhh.. not that I know your wife... I... uhh... hmm why does that hole seem to be getting bigger and bigger the more I type...

Ehem.. think I will check out another thread
face7.gif

Xanax is a short acting benzo hence its addictive potential. There are so many other antianxiety drugs out there (6+ SSRIs, Effexor, klonazepam, etc) that Xanax is largely unneccessary. In my practice I am very suspicious of patients who know and ask for Xanax. Ive never prescribed it. Each pill goes for 8 bucks at the clubs or so? (thats what I hear anyway). In fact, I had one patient the other day ask about "short term benzos" and specifically asked about Xanax. I gave him paxil. It takes about 2-4 weeks to take effect vs. 2-5 minutes (the quick high) of a short acting benzo. If he comes back for more meds, then he probably has anxiety. other wise he'll have to get is next high from someone else.

I am very sensitive to and treat many people with anxiety/depressive issues and by no means mean to minimize your symptoms. Unfortunately, I also have to ward off the drug seekers out there.

Benzo use/abuse can be confirmed in a drug test. If your employer has a zero tolerance policy, please have documentation to support your diagnosis and treatment. It will save alot of heart ache later.

As previously stated, do not operate a vehicle after ingestion of this medication. Your impairment will be as strong or stronger than an alcohol intoxication. DUI/DWI laws are not alcohol specific.

Be safe!

Xanax slows thoughts: very addictive. Better for anxiety is Trazodone, non-narcotic.
serotonin based.

Back