Anyone ever ridden a CBR1100XX ?

Anyone ever ridden a CBR1100XX ?

I rode my 97 Blackbird into work tonight. Say what you will but if the Blackbird gets the jump on you it will take a while to reel him in...... just saying. Hit'em at the same time and it see ya.

The Blackbird motor is much smoother than my Gen II and it’s more comfortable than my Gen II, and with being 12years old and 55k miles IT’S NEVER BEEN IN THE SHOP. The rest is all Busa.

DSC05475A1.jpg

Last edited:
Member Honda Jon sports one of these and is quite lethal in the twisties and straight aways! They are some pretty nice rides for sure.. Oh, and though they didn't bring them to the states they did continue them for a time across the pond.

I diced it up real good with Honda Jon at the Eureka MnG '08 and yes he can flog the XX real good.. :bowdown: Honda Jon = very good rider indeed, I had a day I will never forget. good times were had for shore.. :thumbsup:

I drove an ST1300 for about 3 yrs and my only complaint was too little power. The bike did it all, but was under powered. Put a Busa engine in the ST and it would be a dream bike. The Kawi tourer is as close as it comes for now, but I'll stick to my Busa and the baby ST...my VFR. Still, I am jonesing for a CBR1100xx ride to see what they are about.

I know a guy that still rides one of those yardbirds:rofl: Dont let him catch you slippin on I-10 without a TRE or a flashed ECU. :whistle:

Ridden a couple and raced a couple.

Here is Honda Jon and I a few years ago. If you look quickly you will see the reaction times Jon with a .008, mine was a .001. I ran a 10.065 but got there first against his quicker 10.059.

http://dsdd.com/busa/video/jon_rick.wmv

The blackbirds are nice bikes. I almost bought one before I bought my Busa. They are no slouch and as said before, a pretty reliable package.

Last edited:
HAD AN 01 SUPER REDBIRD.LOVED IT! EXCELLENT RIDE,GAS MILAGE AND POWER.THEN HONDA(THE LARGEST AND BIGGEST BUDGET)BIKE COMPANY BECAME A BUNCH OF PU**Y'S AND RAN WITH THEIR TAIL BETWEEN THEIR LEGS WHEN THE BUSA CAME OUT!SO SINCE HONDA GOT OUT OF THE HYPERBIKE BUSSINESS,I CHANGED MY ALLEGIANCE TO SUZUKI! I MISS MY XX BUT HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH MY 08 BLUE/GOLD BUSA!:laugh:

I rode one for 5 months, was a 97 model. Put a few grand on the odometer, then the owners divorce went through and he took it out of hiding, LoL. Anyway, they were pretty bad A$$ for the time. Turn and burn and fast anywhere you go. Front end was heavy but would still wheelie through 3rd with no problem, nothing near like the Busa does though.

Back