Anyone ever recreate a past vehicle?

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Hindsight is 20/20. We all know this, BUT, that hindsight also let's us remember the pros and cons of said past vehicle. So when the idea to recreate a past ride you can improve upon or modernize it and make it better.

I'm considering remaking one of my old Busa's. I'm torn between the two.
One was my orange pearl bigbore 04' and the other was my old turbo 06'.

Things to know is that there will be no turbo or bigbore this time around. Well, MAYBE I can do the bigbore but that's down the road.

Here's my choices. Don't mind the fatboy sitting on the 04'. Let's hear your opinions.

Second-version.jpg

Paul's pics 277.jpg

I was always a little partial to the Orange one myself :thumbsup:

To clear up any confusion, the fatboy I mention sitting on the bike was me. I then used a different pic with no people and forgot to change the wording. :laugh:

Hindsight is 20/20. We all know this, BUT, that hindsight also let's us remember the pros and cons of said past vehicle. So when the idea to recreate a past ride you can improve upon or modernize it and make it better. .
Back to the original question, I did build a "new" Harley XLCR when the Evo motor came out. Branch heads, Andrews cams, Supertrapp pipe, rearsets, Suzuki forks and brakes. Put out over 85 hp and I cut the weight down a lot, plus better suspension with more travel. Won a show or two with it. Got a lot of attention. The Harley crowd either loved or hated it. A few studied the bike. It still sits in my garage. Planning to resurrect it this year or next with new bodywork. I poured so much $$$ into that bike that I will never get my money out of it. So now i'll just keep it. Blast to ride. Loud as he'll and pretty quick off the line. Serious fun.

??? it is strange you mention old bikes. i just found a 1975 KE175 on craigs list. my buddy is working on getting it. our (he and i) 1st bike was a 76 KE175. this one is the same color ours was. i hope he gets it. it would be cool to relive old memories.

oh and i like the orange...its just different.:thumbsup:

It's great to hear concepts coming from other Busa owners minds! I'm doing something similar but different. I owned many superbikes in the 80's, all highly modified. I'm rebuilding a Busa right now to honor/commemorate/replicate those bikes. I've been building it for 1 1/2 years now so obviously, I'm not in a hurry to complete.
Maybe it's taking so long because it's so fun thinking about what to do next and what the final product will ride like.
Anyways, below are a couple of old pics of my early bikes and the Busa. Doyle

my old bikes 002.jpg

my old bikes 004.jpg

my old bikes 001.jpg

my old bikes 003.jpg

P1030381.JPG

Back