anyone ever have this done?

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
ok so last december I decided that I wanted to give snowboarding a go. I spent some time on the bunny hills getting a feel for it and eventually moved up to the big hills to get some longer runs.

I endured some nasty wipe outs at high speeds...but thats part of learning. So I'm feeling pretty confident and head back up. I sit down to put my board on and when I go to stand up, I didn't push hard enough and fall back down.

Next thing I know...I am in excruciating pain and I feel like my wrist is on fire. It is now November and I couldn't deal with the pain anymore so I went and saw a doc bout 2 weeks ago. An MRI and a referral to a surgeon later and I have surgery scheduled for Nov. 12th to repair the damage that was done. I tore the "Triangular Fibrocartilage" from the bone in my left wrist.

Luckily I won't miss any of my season as I play college baseball. Anyways, my question is, has anyone had this surgery? Whats it like recovery wise and etc. Also, this is my first time being put under...not gonna lie...I'm kinda nervous. Am I gonna be OK guys??

Old as dirt and have numerous surgeries behind me. Hope the repair goes well.

Back