Anyone ever done their own tuning on a dyno?

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
So it looks like my partner and I are buying a dyno to put in our shop which is currently in his really big garage. So obviously I have no background using a dyno or tuning anything so I'm looking for some input on what kind of software I could possibly use besides woolich if there is any. Also any kind of direction toward where to get the basics of what we need to learn to do things the right way. This is definitely a step out of my comfort zone since I'm just an old grease monkey that's tried his best to stay away from all the high tech fuel injection stuff as long as I could until it followed me into the mowers and bikes I work on. Even tho I'm not comfortable for what we're getting the dyno for it just seems too good an opportunity to turn down and I know at least with my bike I can hit up Greg and get the cords needed to use ecu editor and make it one of our guinea pigs but I see the only other cords he offers is for the 1000 up to the 2013 model which has me wondering if ecu editor is able to be used on any of the newer stuff like my buddy's 2015 gixxer 750 or if something was changed so that you have to use woolich. Any info is very much appreciated as always.

What kind of Dyno, ca or bike only? That's cool man you are going to have fun with that!
Thank you sir I sure hope to have some fun, it's a bike only dynojet 250i. Only downfall as of now is it runs winpep7 and dynojet says they no longer are supporting that. But at least from what we've been told they still have a bunch of parts and such around for it so we should be good for awhile if something was to go bad and we won't have to update it to the winpep8 right away because that would cost enough to make it no longer a good deal.

Screenshot_20220313-190657_Facebook.jpg
Some assembly required :laugh::laugh:

You have choices some better than others

You have choices some better than others

That's what I was looking for, thank you I'll have a look at them

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If your looking to do any/all bikes a woolich is your best bet. They have a "dealer special" buy the software/bikes you need and can purchase the rest later. Correct me also but the ecu are locked after you tune. Never been happy about that, but from a tuner/sales view, where can you find software or your going do the hard part of finding files for the "off" bikes? Like a 2012 r6. Chris Moore uses it, let me know if I'm wrong. And I guess you already have this dopey. I wonder when the upgrade for winpep 8 is coming, its been out a long time.

Screenshot_20220522-093831.png

Back