Anyone ever cut out the Cat on a Stock Header?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was changing my oil and looking at the stock header. Looks like it would be easy to chop it up. So I got to thinking what if I cut away the cat "buldges", put in a connecting pipe, and keep the dual Yoshi R-77 slipons? I think I would ceramic coat the stock header too.

Anyone ever done this? Anyone ever dyno it? I think I'm going to find a used stock exhaust system and get someone to weld it up for me just to see what happens.

Anyway I added a 45 tooth SuperSprox. Fits with stock length chain. Did not change to a 17T front but I may do it later. Also did the PAIR mod and flashed the ECU to raise the redline to 11.5K while I was at it. I really like the feel. Bike is just a bit more aggressive and the SuperSprox looks awesome and no I didn't photograph it, it's just a sprocket guys!

Supersprox USA

I gutted the cat on my 08. I actually cut the top off with a torch and took them out. So it's a big empty box. It was more for the heat the thing puts off than lookin for power, and it's much cooler on my feet now. I would think that puttin a pipe in it's place would be much better, and would probably make a little more power that way too.
I also have a +3 in the rear. Recently I added a -1 front, but took it out after a couple weeks. The bike feels noticebly more torquey with the stock front sprocket. But that's just me, they're cheap and easy enough to try, might be what you like.

Back