Anyone ever been pulled for not having the DOT sticker on your lid?

I don't think they can pull you over just for that reason. I have never heard of anyone being questioned about it. Isn't there a tag on the inside also?

If they can see that little sticker when I pass them POSSIBLY breaking the speed limit... they are good! :bowdown:

i heard they are cracking down... State patrol went to a local harley meet and handed out over 10k in tickets for illegal helmets.

so i dunno.

Well, I know several riders who are adamant against wearing a lid at all...but their state requires one, so they will put "something" on there. It may be possible that they did not meet DOT specs?

I've never seen anything that says that I have to have the sticker on there. But I've never paid attention, either. LOL

I have never heard of anyone being pulled for that reason, but I have heard of it being tagged on after being pulled for speeding.

never heard of it..but if helmets are required it does have to be a dot approved

WSP gave me a warning when I was stopped for an "endorsement check", and they gave me a written warning because I had on my track helmet. It's FIM and WSB rated, but no DOT sticker. I got another Arai on sale and will leave the track helmet for the track. WSP and every other agency in WA is cracking down because the Governor is spending the state budget on a $8 Billion pipe dream and taking it away from every department in the state.

Says LARGE in description Bro! I love my X-11

Yup, I saw that part but also noticed he said he had a hat size of 8 1/4, What?

So I emailed him and asked if it was a japanese large? Shoei site for North America lists the XXL at 8" only, lol. Something isn't adding up.

If I don't get a responce by tomorrow I'll call Shoei and ask.

Never heard of it.
Those tags are sticky and when you sweat they come off, also when you clean it.
Hard to prove it didn't have one or meet standards when it was new.
I think if your helmet looks terrible or really looks substandard it may be an issue.

:laugh:

61%20Buckethead.jpg

Last edited:
i heard they are cracking down... State patrol went to a local harley meet and handed out over 10k in tickets for illegal helmets.

so i dunno.
technically you cannot write these if the people your ticketing are just sittin around and you didnt witness them actually riding down the road with said non dot helmets

technically you cannot write these if the people your ticketing are just sittin around and you didnt witness them actually riding down the road with said non dot helmets

That would be like handing out seat belt tickets in a parking lot to a person listening to their music tail gating at a football game.

Maybe carry with you the helmet info(pamphlet) that comes with the helmet stating it's "Dot Approved"? Can keep it with you registration/insurance.

Back