Anyone else into Overland Camping?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Juli and I are gearing up the truck to do some overland camping. Anyone else doing it?

Sounds like fun especially with a partner. I'm close to retirement and seriously considering selling my house and buying a toy hauler type motor home, and becoming a "full-timer", living in it. I'm ready to see things :)

Our truck is an F350 King Ranch. Just got it leveled, installed 35x12.5's on the OEM wheels. No rub at full lock with plenty of travel I hope. Also installed a dual steering stabilizer. With the FX4 package I also have an electronic locking rear diff, may come in handy.
I am waiting on my ATC HD camper shell to get built in Kansas and shipped to my installer, about 3 weeks out. Comes with rack system with a weight capacity of 500lbs. I would have went with the ARE HD, but the rack system has a frame it is built into and would have required a roof rack platform because the cross bars are 6ft apart, wont work with my tent mounting system.
Will get you guys some pics when this stuff starts arriving. Cant wait to get out there.

20190321_193131.jpg

21349.jpeg

I have camped all over the US and Canada but never in the true sense of "overland" you can say. I stayed at designated camp locations in tents. Would love to convert the wrangler to an overland vehicle but I cannot afford the 10MPG on a long distance haul.

Nothing for Tacoma's :confused: but some nice stuff for sure.

My bad, they are making them for the tacoma and tundra, you can be notified by email when they are available. Sorry about that, thought they had been released.

I have camped all over the US and Canada but never in the true sense of "overland" you can say. I stayed at designated camp locations in tents. Would love to convert the wrangler to an overland vehicle but I cannot afford the 10MPG on a long distance haul.

What about like an overland trailer? I have seen some that are pretty cool, but I cant shell out the coin for a turn key trailer. Almost built one myself before I went the direction we are going.

What about like an overland trailer? I have seen some that are pretty cool, but I cant shell out the coin for a turn key trailer. Almost built one myself before I went the direction we are going.
I would love one! I have looked at used military trailers and they are selling pretty cheap around here.

I would love one! I have looked at used military trailers and they are selling pretty cheap around here.

I looked hard at them, the trailers like you mentioned sell around here for 2k for a clean refurbished aluminum. The old steel ones can be had for a few hundred. Looked at the Smittybilt trailers and those run 7500. We also looked at the adventure series pop up trailers.

Back