Anyone Else Hunt?

fwlplabusa

Registered
Just curious if anyone else hunts? Thats my other passion since its too cold to ride much in the winter. If so what do you hunt? My favorite is waterfowl

if it flies or walks or swims and season is open count me in. quail and pheasant are my faves with the german shorthairs leading the way.

I'll hunt anything.....bought these for the rattlesnakes:laugh:

shot.JPG

:thumbsup: yup, i've killed just about every animal in north america that runs swims or flys. i was really into it when i was a younger. my blood lust has dwindled as i have gotten older. i still shoot a deer elk or antelope every once in a while. got a buffalo last year. going to get a small game and upland bird license after the new year (good for 1 yr). i have always processed my own meat. the buffalo was the biggest thing i ever cut up!
i want an gator, never shot a gator.:laugh:

gator...isnt that an atv? hehehehe buffalo is really good. lean and healthy for you. I tend to hunt mainly deer and pheas. my dogs enjoy both and eat it like its going out of style.

Any-one try Black Bear ?
We have a bear problem at my hunt camp they keep destroying my feeders.
They have gone into my hog trap and killed a hog & two months ago one killed a calf on the property next to mine.

Any-one try Black Bear ?
We have a bear problem at my hunt camp they keep destroying my feeders.
They have gone into my hog trap and killed a hog & two months ago one killed a calf on the property next to mine.

Lots of dogs running bear over here. 4 different bear getting into the neighbors trash cans. Had a picture of one in the paper last year of one standing pretty tall eating out of the feeders a few houses up the road.

yep hunting whitetails this month with blackpowder, not the Daniel Boone kind of rifle though, savage 10ml:thumbsup:

Those work good?

Well i live in arizona and do alot of hiking in the desert and northern woodlands and they have saved my butt a couple of times. Just last week im out with the boy shooting and when i walked around the back of the truck there was a 2' diamondback right next to my truck, well lets just say if he hadnt rattled i wouldn't of seen him, i popped two of these rounds and they made him into swiss cheese. Definitely a good snake defense round. You don't wanna shoot a bunch of them cause they have been known to screw the rifling in the barrel up.

I stopped hunting about ten years ago. I simply became tired of killing things.

I started hunting at a very young age, rabbits and squirrels mostly. I began hunting deer as a teen then moved on to Elk and Moose in my twenties. I soon became bored with rifle hunting as it presented very little challenge. If I could see it I could kill it. I learned it wasn't the kill that gave me the thrill but the challenge of the hunt itself. I had a friend who had taken up bow hunting and talked me into trying it. I killed my first deer with a bow (45 pound bear recurve) when I was 25. I never hunted with a gun again. I was in love with bow hunting.

Since that first deer hunt with an antique bow I have dispatched most every hairy creature of size in North America. I have a life size Grizzly mount in my house I took with a bow. The Alaskan guide filmed the entire event. I also took a Black Bear from a tree stand over bait (Also filmed), which was legal in this state at that time. Add to that with Moose from British Columbia, Elk, Sheep, Goat, Antelope from Wyoming, Hog, Coyote, Bobcat and numerous other small game makes my hunting career a successful one in my view. I can't express in words the enjoyment I had spending so much time in the woods and wilderness with nature.

For those of you who have never picked up a bow and chased the wiley bovine, I encourage you to give it a try. Archery hunting is so much more exciting than rifle hunting. Especially, if you enjoy a challenge! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I stopped hunting about ten years ago. I simply became tired of killing things.

I started hunting at a very young age, rabbits and squirrels mostly. I began hunting deer as a teen then moved on to Elk and Moose in my twenties. I soon became bored with rifle hunting as it presented very little challenge. If I could see it I could kill it. I learned it wasn't the kill that gave me the thrill but the challenge of the hunt itself. I had a friend who had taken up bow hunting and talked me into trying it. I killed my first deer with a bow (45 pound bear recurve) when I was 25. I never hunted with a gun again. I was in love with bow hunting.

Since that first deer hunt with an antique bow I have dispatched most every hairy creature of size in North America. I have a life size Grizzly mount in my house I took with a bow. The Alaskan guide filmed the entire event. I also took a Black Bear from a tree stand over bait (Also filmed), which was legal in this state at that time. Add to that with Moose from British Columbia, Elk, Sheep, Goat, Antelope from Wyoming, Hog, Coyote, Bobcat and numerous other small game makes my hunting career a successful one in my view. I can't express in words the enjoyment I had spending so much time in the woods and wilderness with nature.

For those of you who have never picked up a bow and chased the wiley bovine, I encourage you to give it a try. Archery hunting is so much more exciting than rifle hunting. Especially, if you enjoy a challenge! :thumbsup:

i must agree i love to bow hunt also...

fast08busa lucky you were not bit, dang....

Last edited:
Just last week im out with the boy shooting and when i walked around the back of the truck there was a 2' diamondback right next to my truck, well lets just say if he hadnt rattled i wouldn't of seen him, i popped two of these rounds and they made him into swiss cheese. You don't wanna shoot a bunch of them cause they have been known to screw the rifling in the barrel up.

I'm confused?

How do you get a two foot rattler in the chamber anyway?

Stuff him down the barrel? :dunno:

Back