Anyone else here been cursed with unhealthy teeth?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
It seems, all my life no matter how much I brush & what not I always have bad teeth. For the most part they're pretty straight but a few are tilted, I can live with that. Just seems that the dentist & hygenists never have anything good to say to me. Its incredibly shameful & leads me to take more time AWAY from the dentist which is the wrong thing to do........felt like venting.
Posted via Mobile Device

i'm almost lookin forward to someday gettin dentures so I won't have to worry as much anymore....... :-(
Posted via Mobile Device

I have bad teeth, but mine are from an accident that I had. The 4way that I was using to take the lug nuts off hit my mouth after the car hit me. I have a few teeth that need to be fixed and some that need to be replaced. I to am embarrassed to smile or even go to the dentist. I do have a good dentist that I go to and she understands what happened to me. When I get dental insurance again, she has promised that she will work with me on the prices for all the work do to what happened to me.

mine aren't that bad I guess. I have a couple in front that are just "fake tooth" material so I can't get those crowned......and the bottom fronts are crowding.....Sucks. My gums have been bad all my life too. I wish I could afford sleep dentistry so I wouldn't have to put up with the pain induced tears & MASSIVE anxiety I have about dentists.
Posted via Mobile Device

My gums are good, it's just the 4 or 5 teeth that have to be fixed/replaced. The guy that hit me was doing 70 mph. the doctors were amazed that there was no blood in my mouth and that I didn't lose any teeth that day.

Never too late for braces ?

When I was 11 I had 10 teeth pulled the same day !
7 baby teeth and 3 adult teeth.
My teeth were too crowded as well.
I had braces for 2 yrs, now 30 yrs later they are pretty much still straight.
I have been lucky condition wise though as at 40 I still dont have a single cavity or filling.
All OG :laugh:

4 yrs of braces....woohooo!! Not really, it's a memory I don't care to remember all that often. The pain of a thicker wire every visit sucked! There's a lot of other options out there these days, Invisalign is one of them.

I actually have strong healthy teeth, but I unfortunately inherited a slight yellowing to them from my Father :banghead:

Been thinking about getting them whitened but it's only temporary.

4 yrs of braces....woohooo!! Not really, it's a memory I don't care to remember all that often. The pain of a thicker wire every visit sucked! There's a lot of other options out there these days, Invisalign is one of them.

:cry: :banghead: :cry:

Remember that too well.
Could not even chew a french fry for 2 days after getting a new wire.

Dont think its as bad these days ?

Bad teeth run on my dad's side of the family. Our teeth are weak on the inside and end up breaking off. Also with mine I have a thin tooth wall so when you look at my teeth they look stained, but it's actually the inside showing through. Was lucky enought to get my insurance to pay for veneers on my uppers. Gotta get them to do the bottoms now. Feels good to smile now and not have people look at you like you don't care about your teeth.

:cry: :banghead: :cry:

Remember that too well.
Could not even chew a french fry for 2 days after getting a new wire.

Dont think its as bad these days ?
Yep, I think these days it's less painful.....

Try having the roof of your mouth broken with a device that works like an old torture rack....TWICE!! Talk about pain.....one full turn of the screw every night until the orthodontist is convinced the roof has spread to the correct width. My first ortho didn't do it right so I had the pleasure of doing it again! WHEEEEEEEEE!!! :laugh: It has to be one of the worst devices created by orthodontists! This is not my pic, but one I found of what was basically used. Of course mine was 30 years and then 23 years pre-this style so much more barbaric looking.
ortho_pic4.jpg

Try having the roof of your mouth broken with a device that works like an old torture rack....TWICE!! Talk about pain.....one full turn of the screw every night until the orthodontist is convinced the roof has spread to the correct width. My first ortho didn't do it right so I had the pleasure of doing it again! WHEEEEEEEEE!!! :laugh: It has to be one of the worst devices created by orthodontists! This is not my pic, but one I found of what was basically used. Of course mine was 30 years and then 23 years pre-this style so much more barbaric looking.
ortho_pic4.jpg

oh... I had one of these... my sr. year of highschool.. I ended up looking like David Letterman with a huge gap between my teeth... then the braces pulled em together... Now 16 yrs later I am still fighting tiny cavities from the bands of my braces.

oh... I had one of these... my sr. year of highschool.. I ended up looking like David Letterman with a huge gap between my teeth... then the braces pulled em together... Now 16 yrs later I am still fighting tiny cavities from the bands of my braces.

My God that looks painful :omg:

Fun aren't they?!! Nothing like having that key turned every night and feeling every tooth and the roof of your mouth feel like they just got hit with a ball peen hammer! I remember many a night sleeping like poo because the ortho recommended doing it at night just before bed. JERK!! :laugh:

Fun aren't they?!! Nothing like having that key turned every night and feeling every tooth and the roof of your mouth feel like they just got hit with a ball peen hammer! I remember many a night sleeping like poo because the ortho recommended doing it at night just before bed. JERK!! :laugh:

Yup.. I was also playing saxaphone in 3 different bands... I started playing the Baritone sax during this time because the Alto sax was putting too much pressure on my teeth.

I used to turn it at night as well. oh the memories...

Between oral surgens, orthodonics, dentist and some 14,000 dollars later (with ins) and 5 years of discomfort, I smile real big. Its been 15 years since and still no problems. Even with all the discomfort and money spent, it was well worth it. After explaining the benefits to my daughter, she finally agreed to go and get braces and for the first time in her life, she isn't afraid to stand before everybody church and sing or speak on stage.

I have perfectly straight, shiney white teeth, not a single filling anywhere. And if they do hurt, I take them out and leave 'em in a glass of water with a Polident fizzy.:laugh:
Both my parents had dentures, and I inherited weak, bad teeth from both sides. Brush, and brush, and brush, I was the only kid in my school that had a tooth brush in his lunch box every day. I don't ever remember going to the dentist as a kid without having to have at least a couple of fillings, or a tooth pulled. Had an upper denture by my late 20's and the lower by my late 30's. When I was getting my lower, the dentist dug an impacted wisdom tooth out, it had never even came through the skin, and had a large cavity in it.
Teeth for me, were an enormous pain, I'm glad they're gone. I'm 52 now, and still don't miss 'em a bit.

Back