Anyone else having the same problem

OB_RICO

Registered
Tip it in, Roll it through, Bring the power up a little ready to blast it out and s**t, The engine hesitates, you have to stand it up and wait a few seconds and then it gains power back.
Anyone have a fix. This is the set-up.
1) Tick over is set 1250
2) Full standard pipe happens every so often
3) With end cans fitted often
All the rest is standard

Thanks J.C
Its an RX sold to me as new just before 00 came out,It came with the cam chain mod already done,I assume it is a late 99.
Not looked at the filters yet,Please tell how many and where.

You have to pull the fuel pump I cannot who posted pics of step by step on Labuasa.org.
Also make sure you fuel lines do not pinch or are soft enough to collased

Doing it this week.I`ll let you know if it works. thanks anyway.
viol8r on L.A Busa`s found it

[This message has been edited by RICO (edited 07 August 2000).]

Is your throttle cable set right??

turn bars full right, start engine and adjust till idle just begins to rise, then back off a touch. Tighten.

Hold grip and tighten decelarator cable untill it just moves grip, back of a touch. Tighten lock nuts. Move bars fully to both locks to make sure idle doesn't increase. Job Done.

1250rpm at idle....a bit high don't you think??

Nuts ;)

I have been experiencing the same problems. Motorhead gave me an idea and it seemed to help, get rid of the stock filters and fuel line go to automotive type inline filter and fuel line. this seemed to help a bit but did not cure the loss of horsepower. but I now think I have that fixed I found the injectors to be clogged with the same stuff that had clogged the screens. I will hopefully have bike back together tonight and make a pass on dyno.

have you checked the filters in the pump?? especially the last one behind the pump?? its a sod to get out and mine was caked.

Nuts ;)

Thanks all.
All screens have been done every last one clean as a whistle.
Idle set high,stops that on/off you get from injected engines.
Cables set up with no/very little play I like it to be instant no slack.
It feels like its not getting fuel or its not being told to add feul or be it with a second or two delay.When it happens the motor feels weak and hollow no power, but then it builds up again progresivly not sudden like a bad connection but like its following the feul map back to the point that matches the throtle opening?
M.C.N. has a story this week that discribes it happening to a TL1000 thay think faulty tps?
It sounds like suzuki may have got it wrong somewhere.
Any ideas.

Rico try this. It fixed mine!!

Didn't someone have a problem with the O ring under the regulator not going back properly??

Nuts ;)

Back