Anyone done this..and how much $$

2hip

Registered
Guys, anyone swap out their suspension for Ohlins front and rear on the Busa? Anyone swap out their Toiko for high end Brembo's? I've tracked my Busa and I've tracked my 750 which is completely set up as a track bike. Talk about a world of difference in handling. So, I am just curious if anyone has done it and how much money they threw at it. I bought the 750 track bike used for 5K and it is all set up. But I like tracking the Busa also and it needs some work with the suspension..any information appreciated..

Guys, anyone swap out their suspension for Ohlins front and rear on the Busa? Anyone swap out their Toiko for high end Brembo's? I've tracked my Busa and I've tracked my 750 which is completely set up as a track bike. Talk about a world of difference in handling. So, I am just curious if anyone has done it and how much money they threw at it. I bought the 750 track bike used for 5K and it is all set up. But I like tracking the Busa also and it needs some work with the suspension..any information appreciated..

I have Ohlins RT with superbike internals on the front as well as a resprung rear shock with valving!
Also the front brakes are complete Brembo HP monoblocks!

Its not cheep, but well worth it!. Also it is overkill for the street, but its only money!

I have the rear Ohlins,front i added racetech gold valves.
Front Brembo brake calipers.Its worth the money:thumbsup:

go for it man. streetntrack had a single sided magnesium swingarm, cf wheels, and ohlins/brembo goodies front and rear.

Ohlins shock - $1000
Racetech internals in forks - $750
Brembo calipers (off Ducati 749) with mounting brackets - $400
Feel and Control - priceless (sorry for that cheesy cliche, but it's true).

If I had to do it over again, I probably would have just changed out the internals on the shock and save $600.

So what is the biggest difference between the Brembo and toiko brakes?? I mean Its obvious the Brembo is the TOP choice but why is that?

Yes, made for a big improvement. Since I was doing mostly street riding. Didnt think it was worth it in the long run. Sold the setup.

Sounds like you like the track. If you have the money go for it. If nothing else have the suspension pro at the track at least set the factory stuff up correct.

Back