Anyone done an undertail?

I got a new tail section that's perfect, except for one little discrepancy. The taillight bracket mounts on each side in 2 places, and in one place on the top of the inside of the tail. There's a visual dent in the top from the outside, right where the mounting post is on the inside. This movedthe mounting post, so now the bracket will never line up with all 5 holes at the same time. My question is, has anyone done an undertail, hotbodies especially, and is that bracket still utilized if the stock taillight is eliminated all 2gether? If not, is that top screw hole still used? Thanks in advance.

I was less that pleased with the lighting or lack there of with the hotbodies under tail. So for safety reasons alone I would go with another option. I like the Cyclops undertail for safety reasons because I do ride alot. Everyone complained they could never tell when my turn signals were on or when I was depressing the brake.

I have a UFO undertail and it only mounts using the 6 clips along the edges of the tail. I did upgrade those black pins for some SS allen head bolts that don't stand out and use the same allen wrench size as all my other fairings.
smile.gif

The hotbodies is by far the cheapest and most accessible to me @ $180 for the SBK2 LED one. Since the taillights are totally different it's probably the same setup as the UFO with just the clips. I'd like to hear some more testimonials on the brightless or lack of brightness on the LED hotbodies if anyone has experience with them. Thanks

Have heard some very mixed opinions about the Hotbodies undertails. It either worked or it didn't and not much room for adjustment. Good luck.

Had the Hotbodies undertail on my 04LE. Never had a problem with it, But their right, not very visible in sunlight.

A friend of mine had a Hotbodies undertail on his old CBRF4i. and the brightness of it SUCKED and I mean sucked bad. No way in hell could I feel safe with only, what 6 LEDs for brake/running light?? That's just my experience on a CBR one.

BTW, we cut those POS circuits boards off and expoxied some 30 LED bulbs to replace EACH side with sockets. People can actually see him brake now.
smile.gif

Just sold my Hotbodies undertail. The led's are worthless. Other riders can't see your brake lights let alone turn signals. Therefore cagers will never see them. I went with a clear alternatives led integrator. The clear alternatives is way brighter than stock, although not as custom looking as the hotbodies, the hotbodies is like not even having brake lights! Just my .02.

I would have just saved the 180$ and did the shouvel mod and got rid of as much excess as possible on the original tail. You would have MUCH better brake lights and blinkers with that. Also, you can pull the stock big blinkers off and put smaller ones on if need be. I have the Mototek undertail, it fits nice and snug, Lights are bright enough during the day to be seen and not worry....but it was more expensive. If im not mistaken theres a Mototek on the Auction for $250? Take a look.

Well I might just get one because they're cheap for me to get and then do my own LED modification.

Alternatively, what's another reasonably priced undertail besides UFO's and the MOTOTECKs?

I WOULD just get an integrated tail light and a fender elim, but the mounting points for my stock taillight bracket are FUBAR'd and I need to go with an undertail.

Back