Anyone disgusted with previous owner(s) lack of maintenence / cleaning?!?

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Finally got the bike taken apart this weekend. Fairings off, and front sprocket cover off as well. Wow...I kinda knew the previous owner just rode and didn't do much but change the oil (chain was super loose and dirty, but that can be replaced easily), but man I was not prepared for the nastiness.

Looks like a grease gun blew up under the cover. And the one fairing that was "repaired" is a way bigger mess than I thought and needs totally replaced along with the bracket behind it.

The bike is just NASTY overall. I know people don't typically take them apart and clean them a ton, but you would think with an oil change at least some of it would get wiped down? Maybe I'm just OCD about cleaning, but man this was more than I was expecting! lol
gross.jpg

Finally got the bike taken apart this weekend. Fairings off, and front sprocket cover off as well. Wow...I kinda knew the previous owner just rode and didn't do much but change the oil (chain was super loose and dirty, but that can be replaced easily), but man I was not prepared for the nastiness.

Looks like a grease gun blew up under the cover. And the one fairing that was "repaired" is a way bigger mess than I thought and needs totally replaced along with the bracket behind it.

The bike is just NASTY overall. I know people don't typically take them apart and clean them a ton, but you would think with an oil change at least some of it would get wiped down? Maybe I'm just OCD about cleaning, but man this was more than I was expecting! lolView attachment 1579701

That’s terrible, but I bet you’ll get so much satisfaction from cleaning it and just sitting back and appreciating your work before putting the cover and fairings back on. Lol!

Seen much worse. At least the chain was lubed. Ocd is what makes me feel normal.

The chain is lubed and clean because of ME! lol. I got a few rides in last season after I bought it. First thing I did when I got it home (trailer) was clean, lube, and tighten chain. It was fairly nasty black when I got it. I am a stickler for chain maintenance and I prob clean and lube the chain once a week or so.

That’s terrible, but I bet you’ll get so much satisfaction from cleaning it and just sitting back and appreciating your work before putting the cover and fairings back on. Lol!

EVERY time I have something apart, I clean all I can reach. Makes me feel better knowing its not nasty like that. My OCD has full flared and now I will be deep cleaning while I have the fairing off etc.

Look at this way, she is in good hands now and you will have satisfaction in making her your own.

Already in process! Def got some more cleaning to do, but already got some things fixed (jank wiring in of licence plate led) and plate mount itself. Overall will be a better bike in my eyes.

The hotbodies smooth undertail: It has one installed but I am not seeing the purpose since you can barely see under the tail anyway. Worth cleaning up and keeping or just sell it or whatever?

I don t like grime either must be a old guy thing :rolleyes: anyway I have started using gear oil to lube the chain to reduce sludge on the front sprocket cover :thumbsup:

The bike is just NASTY overall. I know people don't typically take them apart and clean them a ton, but you would think with an oil change at least some of it would get wiped down? Maybe I'm just OCD about cleaning, but man this was more than I was expecting! lolView attachment 1579701
Wow, your complaining about grease built up where it should be? Guess your the type that torques down a fairing screw or says 1 ounce of oil extra is rediculous????????

The original pic show that the bike was ridden, not parked,,,

who takes a chain off to clean it and lube it once a week? REALLY? I can see lubing it maybe that often... but CLEANING it? don't u cover it up/park in a garage? in 20 years I have never went outta my way to clean a chain with a brush and such....

Back