anyone clean injectors before

Kahunas

Registered
I'm searching for a thread on how to clean the injectors but I am not seeing it anyone know where it is ?

I'm also going to clean my fuel pump filter before my ride to Arkansas any help would be awesome

Thanks guys

Not sure about the injectors. I've seen some for sale on ebay that said they had been ultrasonically cleaned, don't ask me where that gets done at though...lol. As far as the filter goes, mine is in the pump assembly inside the tank. The only bad part is draining the thing. Then remove the 4 or 5 allen head bolts there and slide it out.

Never mind guys I found it :banghead:.....if I knew it was this easy I wouldn't have said anything lol

wish me luck :please:

Send your injectors to MPS racing. They will clean them ultrasonically, flow test them and replace all the rubber seals etc. Think its like $25 an injector but well worth it IMO

Send your injectors to MPS racing. They will clean them ultrasonically, flow test them and replace all the rubber seals etc. Think its like $25 an injector but well worth it IMO

Kinda pricey but I'd say if your gonna take them off you might at well clean them yourself. You tube has some valuable info on cleaning injectors. I've cleaned my injectors that were clogged on my 99 & 08 busa. Dont forget to back flush em also and clean the filter ontop of them. You can see the spray pattern after you clean them using compresses air and some cleaning solvent. Very cheap cleaning that works for us

Also the orings can break or go bad, so I just went to a local bearing place and they matched the orings up as close as possible in size. These orings are made for todays fuel and were only .40 € so I bought enough to replace 8 for the injectors and about 8 on the fuel rail assembly.

Its not really pricey when you consider that an injector rebuild kit containing fresh orings and such will run you $$$, then you have a professional company cleaning them ultra sonically for you and then doing a flow test that will show you on a chart the flow pattern of each injector before and after results. No matter how you splice it when you put performance and busa in the same sentence you are gonna have to spend $$$............. A hundred dollars is cheap compared to some of the other products and services offered for the busa :whistle:

i cleaned the injectors on my 00 and 03 once they got to 4 yrs old....sorted out idle and low speed flat spots that the bikes had developed due to regular winter use and some iffy fuels along the way.
Worked out each time at about £50 so long as the injectors were out of the bike.
A full overall or them incl seals is more expensive and if you've no plans to sell the bike its a good investment.

Cleaning them yourself is fine and I am sure it will help, but the main part in my opinion is having them properly calibrated. You can also send them to RC Engineering and it's right around $100 for 4 injectors. The calibration insures proper spary pattern and flow ability of each injector.......$100 piece of my mind.

Well I got my injectors cleaned to the best of my ability and cleaned my fuel filter ...on the pump .....and it seemed to run much better ...I didn't take pics ..I should have ..the filter looked like it had 10 years of rust ...but quickly returned to new as I sprayed seafoam on the filter ...also I figured the seafoam was less abrasive as a air compressor ..

If had the time and money I probably would send the injectors in ...butttttt since I am to be in eureka this weekend I had to redneck it lol

I'm searching for a thread on how to clean the injectors but I am not seeing it anyone know where it is ?

I'm also going to clean my fuel pump filter before my ride to Arkansas any help would be awesome

Thanks guys

Don't try to clean them yourself. Send them to MPS in FL.

P.

Back