Anyone buying the new iPhone XR?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Seems to be the best iPhone deal. I’m changing from a Samsung Android to an Apple. I’ve used an iPad for years and like it so the difference in operation shouldn’t be a bother. Nice having a computer in your pocket anywhere you go. My old Samsung has been a good phone and camera etc but the transition from an iPhone to the iPad for posting pics for example, will be much easier. Ordering starts at 12:01 a.m. tonight.

But which color?

Seems to be the best iPhone deal. I’m changing from a Samsung Android to an Apple. I’ve used an iPad for years and like it so the difference in operation shouldn’t be a bother. Nice having a computer in your pocket anywhere you go. My old Samsung has been a good phone and camera etc but the transition from an iPhone to the iPad for posting pics for example, will be much easier. Ordering starts at 12:01 a.m. tonight.

But which color?
pink

But which color?
I haven’t even looked at the new iPhones, since I’m happy with my 8plus. I’ve had iPhones since the first one came out and have no complaints. For me, the phones have gotten so good that my MacBook and iPad just sit in a drawer. I did buy an Android at a time I needed another phone while traveling abroad and swore I would never touch another one. It felt cheap and Constantly crashed or the person on the other side of the line sounded like an alien and I would have to hang up and call them back. I buy my phones unlocked and outright and then list my older model for sale on social media and has never taken me more than a day to sell a used iPhone.

Hey it's all in good fun , you know I like a laugh or 3 !!
But onto the subject , well I would like something new and flashy , but for now I make do with my average entry chinese ph , that takes pretty reasonable pics short distance .

I haven’t even looked at the new iPhones, since I’m happy with my 8plus. I’ve had iPhones since the first one came out and have no complaints. For me, the phones have gotten so good that my MacBook and iPad just sit in a drawer. I did buy an Android at a time I needed another phone while traveling abroad and swore I would never touch another one. It felt cheap and Constantly crashed or the person on the other side of the line sounded like an alien and I would have to hang up and call them back. I buy my phones unlocked and outright and then list my older model for sale on social media and has never taken me more than a day to sell a used iPhone.

I was as close to buying the 8+ as I could get when I read up on the XR and it’s pricing, just $50 more than the 8+. Looked at Macrumors.com often to see the countdown of typical new release time frames. There really isn’t that much of a difference. The XR has a bigger screen than the 8+ and the newest Gen processor so I waited until tonight and ordered one. My daughter bought an X last year and loves it, especially the cameras. My buddy in Wales is still using his 6, now with a new battery and loves it.

Last edited:
I was as close to buying the 8+ as I could get when I read up on the XR and it’s pricing, just $50 more than the 8+. Looked at Macrumors.com often to see the countdown of typical new release time frames. There really isn’t that much of a difference. The XR has a bigger screen than the 8+ and the newest Gen processor so I waited until tonight and ordered one. My daughter bought an X last year and loves it, especially the cameras. My buddy in Wales is still using his 6, now with a new battery and loves it.
A bigger screen and faster processor would be nice. I usually skip one model, so I buy every other one that comes out, but I don’t want to give up the “physical” home button, hence the reason I haven’t been tracking the latest news on released models. The cameras are amazing on the newer phones though! That was the only reason I sold my 6plus and went to an 8plus. HUGE difference on pic quality.

Man I just hate the Apple click. My personality is to run as fast as possible from any cult and Apple tries to control everything. I had an Apple long ago and they took all of my downloaded music off the phone and when I called them they said "just use the Apple music, that's how it works". That was my last iPhone. Android stays out of my way and just puts calls through and has a great camera. May upgrade to the new Note, that was an amazingly useful phone.

im just jokin with him... u know how I feel about iphones in general.. I hate em… any smart phone....
Alie, why so much hate towards smartphones? Is it because they make it to hard to resist the temptation to easily access POF.com and you end up getting in trouble with the girlfriend? :hide::poke:

Fair enough. I think, when used for the right reasons, it can be very useful tool. It can definitely take over your life, if you let it though.
and that's it... where I live it seems like people don't even make eye contact anymore... a bunch of spoiled millennials living like kings acting like they are better than everyone.... ALWAYS on their phones/

I’m still using my 6Plus......

It does everything I need it to do and more. Still don’t use all the features and capabilities. Replaced the battery earlier this year for free so I’m hoping to get a couple more years out of it!!!

I still have an iPhone 6 S .

The new ones are crazy expensive . . .

Our eldest son works for APPLE ~ so I usually get their hand me downs *

32793625_220510332085288_1128793950295949312_n.jpg

Got the Xs Max a few weeks back an I love it. It is a great size and the screen and camera are top notch. Came from a 6.

Back