Anyone back from Laughin River Run?

Has any riders from California/Neveda/Arizona
that went to the Laughin River Run this past weekend make it back yet? What was the latest down there?Any info would be welcome.Roberto did you go?

I didnt go, but my buds did. Lots of bikes and even more cops. Since I cant do the speed limit I chose to stay at home.............

Last time I went which was 1998 the local people told me that the cops where flown in from different parts of the state/federal and they were training the swat team and riot control team a week before the event started.I went in 1997 by myself took 10 hrs ride and going to the desert was neat,still can't believe that people came across in covered wagons way back when. Leadlow to Bullhead City was scary due to the fact no gas stop in between and if you ran into trouble the only thing that would save you would be a cellphone or two-way radio 2/10 meter.In 1998 went with three friends and used my wife's Harley,one of the friends had his bike on the truck an two of us rode down on our Harleys,with the truck drive and my friend switching places.They wanted me to rotate with them but I told them if I'm going to Laughlin I'm riding all the way.Here's the bad part about riding to Laughlin,both of my bikes the 92Fatboy and My wife's 94Heritage had the passing lights shake loose,these are the two little lights on both side of the main lights,I guess I should have lock-tight the nuts and bolts before I left.Both my bikes cruz at 90-100mph all day long and my friends told me I ride to fast,funny part was I was doing 100mph when a Hell's Angle blew past me like I was standing still,he was riding a FXR Harley and flowing him from above was a CHP chopper,this was between Leadlow and the Tohatchipe Pass.Sorry about the spelling.Next year I'm going for sure,I hope nothing else in our house falls apart before hand.

Back