Anybody Using Pit Bull Newfront Stand

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
I just got a forward handle rear stand from Pit Bull and it's great, so I thought I'd go ahead and get their Newfront stand too. I looked at the fit chart to see which pin to get with it and it says you have to remove the fender on a Gen II. That's no good. Does anybody have any experience with this stand on a Gen II? Do you really have to take the fender off? I can't imagine them saying that if it weren't true, but maybe somebody knows a way around it? Is it a pain to take it off?

I'm sure I'll be pointed toward Redline Stands. I looked at them and wanted to support a site sponsor, but really felt like the forward handle was the way to go. I'm a little OCD about things like this matching, so I'd really like to stick with Pit Bull, but don't have much interest in removing the whole fender just to raise the bike.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

PitBullNewfront.jpg

PitBullPinChartClip.jpg

Yup, I have one of these. I haven't used it on the busa yet. I used it quite a bit with my 10R (which didn't require a fender removal) and loved it. For everyday maintenance I just use the regular Forklift Front Stand.

d_4087.jpg

I got the #6 pin JIC I ever needed to do any kind of fork work, etc...

D

Also have that stand, but have not used it on the Gen2. It was certainly a close fit on the Gen1, especially if it was lowered.

Hey Chatt i had that stand you have in the pic and didn't like . It didn't work well on the Gen2 it was to wide at the top about busted the plastic out on the bike so i went with the other and like it. you can try the ones i have if you want let me know im just down the road .Oh yeah i have the Pit Bull stands front and back

I use that stand with the gen 1 pin on my genII. It works great! I unload the suspension by lifting up the front of the bike an inch or so (not actually lifting the wheel off the ground just expanding the shocks) and then I have no clearance problems.

I use that stand with the gen 1 pin on my genII. It works great! I unload the suspension by lifting up the front of the bike an inch or so (not actually lifting the wheel off the ground just expanding the shocks) and then I have no clearance problems.
OOOO.... Never thought about tryin' that. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

D

What's different about the pins for Gen I and Gen II?

What's different about the pins for Gen I and Gen II?

The neck hole on the Gen1 is a little smaller Then the Gen2 what i was told by Pit Bull but it works from what they say i had that stand and didn't like the way it hit the plastic on my bike

Last edited:
I find that a little lube on the shaft helps it slide in better. :laugh: Its true. try it. :whistle: I'm serious. Stop lauging.

I find that a little lube on the shaft helps it slide in better. :laugh: Its true. try it. :whistle: I'm serious. Stop lauging.
...hehe, and make sure your little "crook" is facing in the right direction... Your pin will not want to go into the hole if the crook is facing the wrong way.... :thumbsup:

F0001-006LG.jpg

D

I have never changed anything used it on my gen1 and if anything I have more clearance from plastic on my gen 2. Whats all the controversy about it.

I just went out and tried it on my GenII, and the front fender definitely gets in the way. I'm not sure how some of the reset of you are doing this (I even tried pulling up on the front end in order to uncompress the suspension), but in all honesty the front fender just causes too much interference with the stand arm, and the likelihood of scratching/tweaking your fender is definitely there. If you wan to use this stand with the GenII, I'd highly recommend removing the front fender. Else, I'd go with a different "pinned" stand like the Vortex.

D

Thanks for checking on that, Big D. And thanks to the rest of you for your input. I guess I'll just have mismatched stands. Oh well.

Back