Anybody using Insteon in their home?

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
I got a home controller and a couple of switches and just added a few more. I previously had an Amazon echo and now use it to control a couple of rooms.

Alexa, turn on the outside lights and boom they turn on...Cool stuff!

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds techie so I'm interested...

I'm using Lowes home automation system. I currently have a number of switches on it and the garage doors and thermostat. I can control everything by cell phone. I'm adding a door lock too so I can unlock and lock a door remotely (for example if I want to let a contractor in but not give them a key). My wife and I always fought over the garage door controller, now when I come home from a ride I just open the door with my cell phone.

The Lowes system is called IRIS and is pretty idiot proof, even I can do it. Only a few issues here and there but generally reliable. Funny while looking for information I was goggling ISIS instead of IRIS, so I'm probably now on a no fly list!

Smart home sells the insteon line of products. They have a variety of controls, thermostats, and sensors to automate your home.

If you've not seen an Amazon Echo you should look one up. It's a nice music player but also does so much more when paired with insteon. It can turn on or off any device. You can create scenes that can all be voice controlled.

Back