Anybody try the Scootworks' beltdrive

Dehning

Registered
I've heard that belts are good thing and scootworks have developed something specifically for the busa, anybody have any experience with them ?

Product link

Id like to see some independent reviews. Looks good tho. Wonder if they make one with an offset for the 240 guys, get back some of that lost HP

It looks like it would be really light compared to a chain and sprockets, I'd be hesitant about the strength and ratio tho ???

I would to see further testing. Don't think it could up under the torque of the Busa's.

You're joking right? Big hp v-twins switch to chain drive for a reason.

HP doesn't tear up belts, Torque does. Why do most people think Horsepower is the answer to high performance? The 'Busa is only somewhat mild in the Torque area compared to a V-Twin in most cases.

Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races. Just an old racers sayin'.

I would to see further testing. Don't think it could up under the torque of the Busa's.

Hayabusas don't have any real torque so to speak. Somewhere between 90 118 lb.ft. isn't torque. I've had v-twins crank out 145 lb.ft. @ 1,800 rpm and that was only a mild build. I looked at their video of the "burnout" which never impresses me. Once the tire breaks traction, there is no more belt stress, so, that isn't a deal maker for me.........But the concept is good and they are using the Aramid or C/F belt from Gates. That is a very strong belt. I would like to see a better looking sprocket though. Looks like something off of a lawnmower....................Get the sprocket to bring me to the table and I'll write the check..................This system looks like it would hold up to some turbo apps as well, since turbos bring power well into the rpm range. There wouldn't be any initial shock to speak of when leaving the line on the street. Again, the belts they are using are DAMN strong..............Of course, for racing, a chain would still be the deal.......

Last edited:
I have a 2006 Boss Hoss with a 383 stroker, pushing about 450 lbs of torque.
It is a 2 speed automatic with a 3,000 rpm stall converter. I can smoke the tires, at will from any speed between 25 - 75 mph. This bike has a belt and it has never slipped or broke. You can trust belts.

It is a 2 speed automatic with a 3,000 rpm stall converter. I can smoke the tires, at will from any speed between 25 - 75 mph. This bike has a belt and it has never slipped or broke. You can trust belts.

Oh dear Lord, I have only seen one of those bikes in person and it looked scary as hell. Wow, do you ride it often?

There ya' go..............Belts work.

Oh dear Lord, I have only seen one of those bikes in person and it looked scary as hell. Wow, do you ride it often?

I ride several times per week on it. It is a real trip riding a motorcyle with that much torque. I go through 2 - 3 tires per season :thumbsup:

I would not race my busa with it though. With the Boss Hoss having an overdrive for 2nd and not a real 2nd gear, I loose rpms when shifting. I also have issues with traction. The back tire is still spining when I shift. I don't have to shift until about 110. So, it is way cool to show off on, but it is not a 1/4 mile bike. It will run upwards of 180 mph but it is not as stable as the busa at that speed.

All Boss Hoss motorcycles have a belt. I have never heard any issues with it.

We always send the back pulley to Cap for some of his magical engraving to help spruce it up abit.. :thumbsup:

I like it.. Sending for more info.. :whistle:

Back