anybody tried this

Welcome to the board!:welcome:

On a similar subject I was wondering if the 09 GSXR1000 cans will bolt onto an older Busa? So I dont think its really that dumb of a question.

not dumb, i have them on mine, beats the space shuttles on the sides, not really loud but just a little rumble, i'll post pics when i figure out how.

i looked at some, and it looked like the diameter of the pipe was different, what did u do? cut at the base and weld?

no,made adapters must have access to muffler shop equipment to swell pipes right side is a breeze left side is a pain in the butt also must make a slight indention in pipe to clear shifter

I did it with 2nd wife from my first wife, going from one set of ugly cans to a new set!!!

Last edited:
i understand. i'd rather make something work than buy something. my wife says that i can truck up anything. i ain't bad at it though. they really don't look all that bad. better than the originals.

i feel you about spending money, i did hte stock cut mod on mine, then jsut took them off altogether.

my son got jardine moto slip ons for his 1000 but the ones for the busa look like someone made them in their backyard. sorry if i hurt anyones feelings. just my oppinion. me being a mechanic i like to stay as close to stock as possible. seems to be less trouble in the long run . bike is plenty fast!

no,made adapters must have access to muffler shop equipment to swell pipes right side is a breeze left side is a pain in the butt also must make a slight indention in pipe to clear shifter

swelling the pipes gets it on, but doesnt the smaller diameter pipe cut back your airflow, thus making less power? super backpressure but may hurt top end?

any pics?

acually the pipe on the 1000 is a little bigger where it mounts to the converter but is smaller from there to the muffler. don't know about the back pressure. hoped someone had done it and could tell me. not many dynos around here.

my son got jardine moto slip ons for his 1000 but the ones for the busa look like someone made them in their backyard. sorry if i hurt anyones feelings. just my oppinion. me being a mechanic i like to stay as close to stock as possible. seems to be less trouble in the long run . bike is plenty fast!
+1....

:thumbsup:

Picture 011 [50%].jpg

ok. got afraid of the backpressure so i put the ugly cans back on tonight. i'll leave them on till i can see a little further down the road. so many exhaust to choose from . thanks for all the pics. helps a lot.

Back