Anybody riding-virus

groran1000

Registered
I decided to not ride for a while. I know they are saying close contact to get the virus. I think if someone infected ahead of you riding your bike would sneeze out of window, goes right up your nose, boom got infected. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm not taking any chances as I'll be 64 in June. What are you all doing?

I'm dodging crowds. But it's starting to get warm enough to ride here. And at this point the 3 drag strips near me are sounding like business as usually. Maybe no spectators. That could change. But I don't plan on not riding because of this. Could be a bad decision. But I'm to old to skip a Summer. Seams like a slim to none chance of catching anything while your on the bike. But like Mr. Brown said. If it makes you feel safer...

Snowed yesterday but it’s supposed to be in the low 60s by the weekend. May head out then. I don’t interact with anyone on a solo ride and wear my gloves when refueling. Even though I’m the ‘target’ audience I haven’t heard anything bad about being alone in public, and around here, that’s quite easily done. :D

Remember to wear your gloves constantly and disinfect all areas of your bike you touch when out and the gloves themselves. Gas tank cap, handle bars, ignition key and mirrors first come to mind. Virus sits on top of surfaces as well so surface disinfection is key to reducing chances of infection. Same goes for your keypads and doorhandles at home. Especially if you are receiving deliveries where random strangers open or touch your external doors. I'm out in the country so barely any people around so I'll be riding once it gets a bit warmer.

Remember to wear your gloves constantly and disinfect all areas of your bike you touch when out and the gloves themselves. Gas tank cap, handle bars, ignition key and mirrors first come to mind. Virus sits on top of surfaces as well so surface disinfection is key to reducing chances of infection. Same goes for your keypads and doorhandles at home. Especially if you are receiving deliveries where random strangers open or touch your external doors. I'm out in the country so barely any people around so I'll be riding once it gets a bit warmer.
Seriously?
It's only a flu . . . ;)

Seriously?
It's only a flu . . . ;)

From what I'm reading it is a flu but one they don't have a vaccine for...kind of like other flu viruses we have now only I read this one is more contagious and easily spread.

If we didn't have a vaccine for the "regular" flu season, we'd have a serious, deadlier pandemic on our hands. Even with a vaccine, we have hundreds of thousands of world wide deaths each year from the "regular flu season."

I am in "target" (over 60) group for catching the bug. I just got back from a 100 miler. I met a fellow motor-head friend in a park and had "brown bag" lunch, since all the restaurants are closed. Beautiful Oregon day, with nice dry roads. Some gravel at 1000ft altitude, but for the most part enjoyable. Sorry, but life is too short at my age to not enjoy it. Yes, I used hand sanitizer, did the elbow bump and kept my social six (6) foot distance. Hopefully, I will still be alive in a few months to enjoy more riding.

Stay safe and healthy,
Eric

Back