Anybody put a ZX10 or ZX14 front wheel on a Gen2?

Dennis

Registered
Thinking of doing this. Both the Kawis are 310mm rotor like the Busa. Figure I would have to make an axle. It would be convenient if someone sold one ready to go. The thing I'm wondering is does the wheel centerline to rotor centerline match up well enough that no rotor spacers are required?

Thinking of doing this. Both the Kawis are 310mm rotor like the Busa. Figure I would have to make an axle. It would be convenient if someone sold one ready to go. The thing I'm wondering is does the wheel centerline to rotor centerline match up well enough that no rotor spacers are required?
What would it gain you?

I own both the Hayabusa and the ZX-14...nothing special about the ZX-14 wheel to warrant putting it on a Hayabusa.

The 14 wheel looks 100% better I’m my opinion. That’s probably what led you to this site. There is a write up on the psychobike website that tells you what is required to do the swap. It’s a lot of machine work.

The 14 wheel looks 100% better I’m my opinion. That’s probably what led you to this site. There is a write up on the psychobike website that tells you what is required to do the swap. It’s a lot of machine work.
He's been here since 06.....
I know he's a serious racer, I was wondering what the benefit was.

He's been here since 06.....
I know he's a serious racer, I was wondering what the benefit was.
It looks similar to my CZ wheel on back which is way better than a Busa wheel. The staging disc can be attached more securely with the multiple attachment points vs. the Busa's 3 points. I have a belief that it may be a pound or two lighter but could be wrong. A ZX-10 would be for sure but I don't know if it uses a smaller inside diameter in the bearing.

It looks similar to my CZ wheel on back which is way better than a Busa wheel. The staging disc can be attached more securely with the multiple attachment points vs. the Busa's 3 points. I have a belief that it may be a pound or two lighter but could be wrong. A ZX-10 would be for sure but I don't know if it uses a smaller inside diameter in the bearing.

Here is the write up

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense if it can be done on the cheap.

You wouldn't happen to have a link?
Here is the write up

That link just takes me to the front page?

Back