Anybody near AltaVista, VA? need a favor

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
She needs a few trees cut right near the house. I cannot make it down till spring. Anybody close to there with a saw and some time? I'll buy ya' dinner... The gentleman she lives with is not capable of using power tools without hurting himself...

Thanx, Dave

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
(DNGrumpy @ Dec. 10 2006,18:49) She needs a few trees cut right near the house.  I cannot make it down till spring.  Anybody close to there with a saw and some time?  I'll buy ya' dinner...  The gentleman she lives with is not capable of using power tools without hurting himself...

Thanx, Dave
Today I feel Fat and Lazy...

BiG-T

Donating Member
Registered
(heavybusa @ Dec. 10 2006,22:16) How far is it from Richmond? I've never head of it.
You're not going. You're still fighting w/ the cat.

smile.gif

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
2.5 hours from Richmond, Way over by 29 almost straight across.

I was hoping somebody would be "right there".

Thanx.

I'll bump it for a few days...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I've never heard of the place either...hope someone's near by to give her a hand
smile.gif

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Looks to be south of Lynchburg if I've got the right place...

map.jpg

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
That's it, the little tiny dot... I still can't figure out why she went there...

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
(DNGrumpy @ Dec. 11 2006,14:28) That's it, the little tiny dot...  I still can't figure out why she went there...
I did my under grad at Virginia Tech. South Western VA is really beautiful. I would love to retire to Christiansburg or Blacksburg, VA. I remember one year my wife (she went to VT also) and I hiked a portion of the Appalachian Trail.

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I drove around lower western West Virginia last year when we buried my mother and loved the highways and backroads we were on. I will visit again and again. But don't get why somebody who has spent 60 years in central Massachusetts and hates to drive, gets divorced and decides to move to the middle of nowhere in VA, with no family or friends for 700 miles. That is all I meant, she calls every night to talk to my 8 year old daughter.

I love the diversity around this country, some things just don't make sense to me, that's all.

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
(DNGrumpy @ Dec. 11 2006,16:46) I drove around lower western West Virginia last year when we buried my mother and loved the highways and backroads we were on.  I will visit again and again.  But don't get why somebody who has spent 60 years in central Massachusetts and hates to drive, gets divorced and decides to move to the middle of nowhere in VA, with no family or friends for 700 miles.  That is all I meant, she calls every night to talk to my 8 year old daughter.

I love the diversity around this country, some things just don't make sense to me, that's all.
I would agree with you on that...That doesn't make sense especially since Mass is nothing like VA. I would never move where I have no family. Every where I've been I at least had a cousin close by.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2scars