Anybody know where Tobin is??

gstspeedster

Donating Member
Registered
Hey wanted to see if anyone here knows what happened to Tobin?

I contacted him the 28th of March to see if he would do a custom job on a tank cover for me. He agreed to look at my idea since I had something similar in mind and sent my current cover to him to see what he could do for me, I sent it out on the 16th of April. Didn't hear from him so I sent him an email, he responds on the 4th of May stating he has the cover and to email him my phone number, which I do. I have since then called numerous times with no answer and now his message machine is full.

What gives?? I thought this guy was a mainstream of the busa community?? I wanted to get my seats done this year as well... Does anyone know how to get ahold of him?? I mean if the guy is busy all he has to do is say that.. I'm in no hurry by any means, but I'm starting to get worried because its been so long without contact with him..

If anyone knows fill me in.. Thanks....

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
Tobin is a busy guy...no reason not to respond but when he did mine he was slow on response. I also had a custom job and that took a little bit of time. No response, just a cool product via shipping back to my home.

Hang tough he will get in touch with you...just a man with big demands for his stuff.

Not to mention that he has a regular 9 to 5 as well, this is a side line buis for him, now if he spends the few hours he has daily for this on making phone calls and answering e-mails just when is the actual work supposed to be completed? Patience is key!

b4thenite

Donating Member
Registered
B.S. if you are running a business. Do it right, or you will be labeled as a flake. Specially you are doing a business through non contact manner. I don't care how busy you are, if you can't give me a minute or two of your time, you don't deserve my business.

I also was planning on his service, but this info gives me serious second thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

B.S. if you are running a business. Do it right, or you will be labeled as a flake. Specially you are doing a business through non contact manner. I don't care how busy you are, if you can't give me a minute or two of your time, you don't deserve my business.

I also was planning on his service, but this info gives me serious second thought.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow! Someone needs a hug. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
Instead of slamming the man and his work (as you say you were only thinking of using him) and then to go on and make dispersions about him as calling him a "flake"...just go find a product and company that meets your needs. Tobin has been around for awhile and many of us really like him for both his product and as a person.

We are all in this thing together...I couldn't find the hugs...so here I bought you a drink:drink:

I got a Tobin seat and I had an awesome experience. I did not get a custom graphic, but I did the custom lettering. I had my seat back in 7 days from day of shipping. Give the guy a break, it may be a busy time for him. We all have times when things bog us down. Simma down now..:beerchug:

b4thenite

Donating Member
Registered
Instead of slamming the man and his work (as you say you were only thinking of using him) and then to go on and make dispersions about him as calling him a "flake"...just go find a product and company that meets your needs. Tobin has been around for awhile and many of us really like him for both his product and as a person.

We are all in this thing together...I couldn't find the hugs...so here I bought you a drink:drink:
Thanks for the drink. However, I'm still terribly disappointed that after couple on month Mr. Tobin still has not given rat's azz for his cuxtomer. Maybe it's time for a competition?
Posted via Mobile Device

gstspeedster

Donating Member
Registered
Patience is the key:thumbsup: Tobin called me today!! lft his cell number apoligized for the delay in his response. Thats all I needed was some re-assurance that he was still around. All is good1:beerchug:

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered

Posted via Mobile Device
As you mentioned yourself he is a pillar of the Busa community and has been for a long long time.

Sounds like you are correct, he doesn't deserve your business, so move on, slamming a long time supporter will get you no where.

You can relax and try to realize that Tobin isn't Wal-Mart, he's more of an artist really and as such does things his own way. The results are worth it, it just sometimes takes awhile.

Deal with it or not, be patient or not, either way, slamming him here or on any of the other forums because you're a bit sandy won't be received well nor will it get you the result or attention you're hoping for.

As you mentioned yourself he is a pillar of the Busa community and has been for a long long time.

Sounds like you are correct, he doesn't deserve your business, so move on, slamming a long time supporter will get you no where.

You can relax and try to realize that Tobin isn't Wal-Mart, he's more of an artist really and as such does things his own way. The results are worth it, it just sometimes takes awhile.

Deal with it or not, be patient or not, either way, slamming him here or on any of the other forums because you're a bit sandy won't be received well nor will it get you the result or attention you're hoping for.

+1:bowdown:

b4thenite

Donating Member
Registered

Your threat was well understood.
Posted via Mobile Device

Being a rep for a major diesel chassis manufacturing company, I have to agree with b4. It sounds like the customer service should be a little better. Many times a simple email or phone call to say "hey I'm here and working on it" is all that is needed to keep the tension and anticipation down. Not slamming the guy cause I think his seats look good, but in my field the customer has to be taken care of. Even if this is a side job, a text or email only takes a couple of seconds. just my .02

gstspeedster

Donating Member
Registered
Patience is the key:thumbsup: Tobin called me today!! lft his cell number apoligized for the delay in his response. Thats all I needed was some re-assurance that he was still around. All is good1:beerchug:
Just wanted to update everyone on this.

Patience may be a virtue, but I believe mine has totally ran out.
When I posted the previous message I recieve a message on my voicemail from Tobin. But as of that message, it is the last time I've heard from him yet again. I have, again, left several messages on the cell phone number that he left on my voicemail with no responses. I have just recently, this week, started to leave a message every day. Again no response. I cant tell you how upset this makes me. I really wanted to do buisness with Tobin since he has been such a great name in the community. But I think the 6 months I've already waited is more than a generous amount of time for him. And I'm positive noone else would have waited half as long as I have. I don't think I have any other choice than to go with the "other guy", the competition. But honestly if this is the turn around time for just a phone call, I don't think there is any competion. Now I am worried that I wont be able to get ahold of me to send me my product back. I'ts really too bad it ended up this way, I still wanted Tobins work... Just wanted everyone to know. Thanks