Anybody in DFW any good with setting up suspension?

rogue007

Registered
Got my new bike about two months ago and have been playing around with the suspension and using other peoples suspension settings and it is not for me.

I can gladly donate beer or whatever you like in return in helping me setup my static sag.

I will gladly meet you anywhere.

In the past I bought Yamahas and their shop always set them up for me as I set on the bike and they adjusted, but Plano Suzuki didnt want to at all...(not going to give them any more of my money, that's for sure!)

I get on and off the bike while you measure and turn a few screws......while drinking, somebody lend me a hand please.

Free :bump: for ya.

I can't setup suspension for nothing but I'm sure one of the natives will chime in and be able to help you.

And by the way.. :welcome:

You may want to post this up in the general biking area. I don't think a lot of people visit this area to often.

It comes up when you click the "New Posts" link, but I don't think this is the correct forum for it either. Moving to General.

If anybody needs to know...............I am 235lb with all gear on.

right now using the stock .85kg springs, and will be buying RaceTechs 1.00kg springs........but for now I need to make the most out of my stockers.

If you want to get your suspension set up go to RideSmart.info and see when the next trackday is out at MSR Cresson or Eagles Canyon Raceway go to one of them and seek out a gentleman named Roger with On Road Off Road Cycle and he will take care of your for about $40 bucks. He is a suspension guru. Also there is a guy named Keith Hertell with Road & Track Cycles he is out of San Antonio he is also a Suspension Guru :thumbsup:

right now using the stock .85kg springs, and will be buying RaceTechs 1.00kg springs........but for now I need to make the most out of my stockers.

I would talk to one of these guys fist before you spend the money that way they can tell you the best spring weight to buy :thumbsup:

rubber2burn is right abought needing springs but you will tell a big inprovement if you get roger to do your suspension and unless hes has gone up it is only $25 I am 250 he did both the busa and my gsxr750 best money spent . some day i will change out the springs.

Go to the hardest setting with the preload, and next folk service, change the spring. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Go to the hardest setting with the preload, and next folk service, change the spring. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Preload doesn't make it harder. It simply adjusts the position of travel between compression and rebound travel.

You need to get the correct valving to go with the new springs. RaceTech can hook you up with those too.

Do you know how to set preload? Just turn them so they won't go any lower. I think you need 14 mm socket. With your weight and the .85 spring, it will not be hard enough, but doable. Play with your rebound to tweak.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you guys so much as I am contacting MSR to let them set it up for..........I think I can do it but just making sure and will be learning at the same time to make sure it will be done correct in the future.

You guys are awesome!

Back