anybody here do tinting?

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
I really wanted a smoked windscreen on my bike. I bought a dark smoke screen from HBR but it just did not fit. So I started thinkin, why not just tint the stock screen. So...I wanted to ask the .org, can anyone here tint a stock windscreen? I want to tint mine out and then have my pups airbrushed onto it or have pictures of my dogs printed onto stickers and put them on there. So can anyone help me out??

Okay
First try to get a kandy color to match your bike then i will let you know what to do next.

seems easier to just get an aftermarket screen, i think you may be over complicating the matter :thumbsup:

Just to to your local auto parts store and buy some,maybe $10? take shield off and do it on you lap while watching TV. Only real issue I see is when you go to reinstall it that the part that gets pressed into the fairing might crinkle. Either way is cheap to do for small of an area.

Good luck. Worse is you end up buy an aftermarket. $10-15 vs $60+.... is up to you whether it's worth the trouble. You have to remove the shield either way.

Don't forget a Pic or two :rulez:

Thats the thing, I didn't want to use auto zone brand tint because that usually comes out terrible and I've never tinted anything before so I'm sure I would mess it up. I tried an aftermarket screen and there were huge fitment issues. I don't want a DB screen and I figured since I know the stock screen fits perfectly, why not save some dough and just have it tinted.

CIPHER: The pictures of the dogs aren't going to cover the whole thing so I want the rest of it to be tinted instead of the stock, clear look.

Tint film will not stay on plastic. Even if you could get it looking right the plastic will off-gas and create bubbles within a few days.

ok, I'm dropping the tint idea.

I have an extra stock screen just sitting here. Would anyone here be able to paint it color matched to the 08 blue? I'm over the tinting idea and want it blue to match the bike then I have a picture of each of my dogs' faces that I want airbrushed onto the screen. Not big, maybe like 4in x 4in of each dog. I just wanted to see if someone was artistic enough to do it for me and make a few bucks.

I should have specified earlier that I didn't want to use the tint film...I wasn't sure if it was possible to use some paint without just spray painting it to tint it or whatever. My apologies peeps.

Back