Anybody have web cams that lasted long? 395 373?

xzx12r

Registered
I just bought web cams 393 373, sprockets springs and retainers for my gen 1. I hear lots of bad stories with them not lasting and im hoping it is due to mainly installer error... Has anyone went say 50k on this grind or likewise grind? btw Im saving up for 13.1 pistons and I plan to to do the 2000 rpm break in with moly lube and the recomended oil... any other tips to make these last? I do long trips and eat up miles. All the clearences and cam timing will be spot on and tripple checked.

I was told to run dominator 10w-30 and change it every 1000 miles, and increase the idle to 1500 rpm. I am installing the parts this weekend so I can't tell you if it works yet

It is still a little lean but runs good, and maybe add some timing back.* I took a couple of degrees out to play things safe until I got the mixture dialed in close.
Here is a video doing a roll with a friend on his zx14r that would perviously walk away from me

https://youtu.be/bOkT4wkcPlE

It is still a little lean but runs good, and maybe add some timing back.* I took a couple of degrees out to play things safe until I got the mixture dialed in close.
Here is a video doing a roll with a friend on his zx14r that would perviously walk away from me

Thanks for link advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviving old thread. So how long do Web billet cams last? What goes bad on them? I just bought a Web WIC378-08 (.378 lift) from APE. I got the performance springs and Ti retainers.

Back