Anybody have the Shoei Ryu Helmet

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinking about buying this helmet, but haven't had any experience with Shoei. Anyone have this helmet, or familiar with Shoei? How's the comfort, wind noise, peripheral vision, et cetera?

shoei_ryu_helmet.jpg

Wow, Pac! That's just sweet! I can't imagine what it looks like in person, then. Thanks for those pics, too! All I could find is the one from the Shoei site; no profiles or rear shots. Very cool. Thanks! If ya' get the chance to try her out, I wouldn't mind getting your opinion.  
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: "added to..."|1121433547 -->

Wow, Pac! That's just sweet! I can't imagine what it looks like in person, then. Thanks for those pics, too! All I could find is the one from the Shoei site; no profiles or rear shots. Very cool. Thanks! If ya' get the chance to try her out, I wouldn't mind getting your opinion.  
beerchug.gif
I'll see what I can work up...

Actually, I have it in the car. Since I don't have a bike (mine's wrecked) mebbe I can stick my head out the window.

I wanna see how it vents too....

I just bought an RF1000. Took it out of the box and promptly went on a 900 mile ride!
I love it! It is light (compared to my old HJC), it is quieter, and most important, it is aerodynamic. My old helmet made my head move around quite a bit at speed, (anything over 100) this one is so smooth at speed, it's great!
The vents seem to work well, we ran in everything from 55 degrees up to near 100 at the end.
I have no complaints.
By the way, about the best deal I found was from Ridegear. Got it for 364. shipped. Including a Tourmaster helmet bag.

I just bought an RF1000. Took it out of the box and promptly went on a 900 mile ride!
I love it! It is light (compared to my old HJC), it is quieter, and most important, it is aerodynamic. My old helmet made my head move around quite a bit at speed, (anything over 100) this one is so smooth at speed, it's great!
The vents seem to work well, we ran in everything from 55 degrees up to near 100 at the end.
I have no complaints.
Complete agreement!

I just bought an RF1000 myself, and after HJC and KBC helmets, - I have finally learned what makes the SHOEI more expensive.

Much more comfortable. Much quieter. Much, much lighter. And I totally agree that the wind doesnt have as much dominance over the helmet as the wind had over the HJC and KBC.

I have no complaints about the RF1000. Thrilled.

beerchug.gif

Actually, I have it in the car. Since I don't have a bike (mine's wrecked) mebbe I can stick my head out the window.

Oh, chit, bro! My bad! I obviously have CRS...
drooling3.gif
You're, "I haven't used it yet," didn't even jog my memory.

I just bought an RF1000.  Took it out of the box and promptly went on a 900 mile ride!
I love it!  It is light (compared to my old HJC), it is quieter, and most important, it is aerodynamic.  My old helmet made my head move around quite a bit at speed, (anything over 100)  this one is so smooth at speed, it's great!
I have no complaints.
By the way, about the best deal I found was from Ridegear.  Got it for 364. shipped.  Including a Tourmaster helmet bag.
Awesome! Thanks, mj! I also have an HJC right now and it is nosy as heck, and, yeah, I get "bobble head" quite often as well. Thanks for posting up!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Oh, chit, bro! My bad!  I obviously have CRS...  
drooling3.gif
You're, "I haven't used it yet," didn't even jog my memory.
naah...no worries.
biggrin.gif

I really wanna find out how it vents though...I think I'll do that on the way home from work.

Back