Anybody have a bad experience with All Balls Fork seals?

Amelio

Registered
Well last week I replaced both fork seals and dust boots, I pulled the step by step instructions from this site and was really surprised at how easy the job was. I only had the left seal leaking and the bike has 8800 miles on it but I decided to do both since I was there.

Anyway I went with the All Balls seals and dust boots, the forks came apart and went back together very nicely. After replacing them I did not ride for a few days, when i did my first ride I noticed a very slight weeping which i thought may just be the white lithium grease i applied to the seal to ease the assembly. I wiped it off and have been keeping an eye on it. Went for a ride last night and when I got home it was pouring onto my rotor and caliper.

I am a rookie to working on my own bike but I am a very experienced auto tech and familiar with seals and such and no stranger to tools. I am gonna pull the forks back apart and see what could possibly be the issue.

As i mentioned it went together very nicely, I did not scar or nick the tubes during dis assembly so unless I did a bone head move and installed them upside down (I doubt it but hey anything is possible :hmmm:)I do not understand what the problem could be unless I just have some bad seals.

Anybody else have this problem with their seals? I kinda doubt it is the All Balls seal, got a lot of good response on this forum but ya never know.

LA Busa and I used these on my bike a few weeks ago and they are horrible, same thing happened to me and had to just go get OEMs from dealership.

I highly recommend everyone stay away from all ballz fork seals.

thanks for the reply I had a feeling that is what it is.....guess I am going to the dealer.

Thanks!

They are not a double contact seal like the oem ones!

Also did you bleed the cartridge when you re assembled the forks?

by bleeding if you mean pumping all the old fluid out yes, then I filled it pumped the cartridge let sit pump 10 more times and double checked the fluid. I made sure all the air was out of the cartridge before reassembly.

by bleeding if you mean pumping all the old fluid out yes, then I filled it pumped the cartridge let sit pump 10 more times and double checked the fluid. I made sure all the air was out of the cartridge before reassembly.

Cool just making sure! If you had not that would have blown the seals quickly!

Ordered me a set friday night. Wish I would have waited. Gonna call tomorrow morning and see if I can catch them before they send my order out and cancel it. Anyone know any thing on the race tech seals? Thanks for the heads up on the all balls seals.

yeah this blows pretty hard....if they had been more than $20 than I would probably be on the phone demanding a refund! i figure they would not so i am not even gonna bother just gonna get a dealer set.:banghead:

Back