Anybody got an extra...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
One of the bolts that hold the belly wing to the exhaust bracket on my busa was cross threaded by whomever originally assembled the bike (at the dealer/factory?) but I didn't know it until I pulled the plastics for the first time which was quite some time after my purchase. I didn't figure the dealer would replace it that long after the purchase. I figured they'd think I cross threaded it and was just tryin' to scam a new one. I didn't bother hittin' 'em up for one for that reason. I have a pretty good relationship with 'em and don't wanna fug it up.
wink.gif

Anyway, every time I remove the wing I fear that the bolt is gonna break off in the bracket. The bolt is pretty hard to turn goin' in and comin' out. It won't tighten all the way down either so that side of the wing is a bit loose, too. I've been meanin' to try and track one down but never think about it until I have to remove the wing for something.

Anybody got an extra one layin' around that they'd part with for a good price? I'm gonna get with Kathy at mx xtreme if I can't find a deal on a used one. Need to pick up a few things from her anyway. I have no idea how much it'll run. Anybody bought a replacement bracket new and know about how much a new one costs?
rock.gif

BT - Try getting a tap the same thread as the bolt hole and chasing the threads. Be sure to use a dab-o-oil and try to pick up the original thread.

Hold the tap perpendicular to the threaded hole and rotate it backwards. You will hear/fell two clicks, a big one and a small one. The big one is the original thread and the small one is the cross thread. Turn it back a few times until you are sure. Then, as soon as you hear/feel the big click, rotate the tap clockwise (Holding perpendicular as the cross thread will try to pull the tap sidewise) and chase those threads.

Be sure to score a new bolt as well!

If you accidently mess up, a lesson on helicoil inserts will follow.

Good luck!
cool.gif

I'm such a dumbass! Chase the threads he says... Why didn't I think of that? Thanks Mikey, I'll try that. I seriously don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with. Now if I can just find a new bolt I'll likely be set. Wonder how much Kathy gets for new ones. I might just buy several extras just in case if they aren't too bad.

Hey, Don't talk about my Buddy BT like that! I'll come out there and find some hottie to kick yer a$$!
wink.gif

I dont have the wing anymore, but have bolts and bracket.

holla back, and I can ship em out monday.

Yeah, I'll take 'em if ya want to get rid of 'em. Just let me know how much $ to send and where. I'll PM ya my address. Thanks cache.
super.gif

I have the wing if you are interested. Let me know. I ordered the 4" over one from Tiger, I just have to get it chromed to match the rest of the bike. Pm me

I have the wing if you are interested.  Let me know.  I ordered the 4" over one from Tiger, I just have to get it chromed to match the rest of the bike.  Pm me
That tiger is weak...Mine has already broken in a couple of spots...You see what I mean...
evil.gif

Stunnah, do you have any pics?? That sucks. I was going to buy it but I don't know about it now.

Hey I need the black U bracket that the wing bolts to... On one of my Busas, it is bent up pretty bad..
wink.gif
Anybody have one extra they want to sell me? Hey BT, Ill buy yer stripped one if you want to sell it?

Hey I need the black U bracket that the wing bolts to... On one of my Busas, it is bent up pretty bad..  
wink.gif
Anybody have one extra they want to sell me? Hey BT, Ill buy yer stripped one if you want to sell it?
I'm gettin' cache's bracket and bolts so if you want the cross threaded one I have PM me. It's not stripped, just cross threaded. Once I have one to replace it, it's yours. Hit me up...

Back