Anybody Else Having Troubles With..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
The new format?
I posted 1 reply, everything was fine. But everything since just sets there.. loading.. and loading. Even this is an experiment to see if a new post will work.
Emoticons don't work either. Click on 'em and nothing happens.
I see they are working for others, so what's up? I'm not exactly new to the Org, or message forums in general, am I missing a setting somewhere that wasn't the same/needed before. Using Google Chrome (with great success now that I made it default everything).
Something that will straighten itself out in a day or so maybe? Or if I'm doing something wrong, speak up, and I'll push the appropriate button to get on with it.
Thanks.. Tom

I havent had a problem with anything so far

I am running Google Chrome of Mac OS X Lion

I only have issues at work Tom, everything at home is faster with google chrome. My work computer is older than I am. Also, please keep in mind, the forums were turned back on knowing that we have a few kinks to work out.

Everything works ok for me so far... smileys are usually there when I go to reply, just noticed it wasn't there when I clicked reply now along with the rest of other options that go next to it.. clicked advance and they are there on the right oh!! oh !!! clicked on smiley no worky .... lets try a manual smiley override :down: see if sad face is here :)

it seems slower on my Droid Incredible, but I do like that I am able to see pics without having to click on the links to get the pics to open. Looks like the org on my computer on my phone now. :)

I can get the quick reply to work sometimes now. But still no smilies unless I put them in manually like Busa1166 said.

Yes, seems some of the Ajax/Javascript is broken in Firefox4. The emoticons don't work, nor to the reply with quote, multi-quote and other features.

Let me take a quick look

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Let me take a quick look

Thanks again for you guys helping to find this stuff and the patience utility we get it fixed

we're working on the glitches...like twotonevert said, we knew there were going to be minor issues since we opened the forum up before perfecting everything but we thought you would rather deal with a few problems than continue waiting for days while we tried to fix everything...thanks for continuing to work with us by letting us know where there are things that aren't working, we'll get to them as quickly as possible :beerchug:

when i say we are working on this, i mean the rest of the mods and admins...i'm about the least computer savvy of the bunch so my job is to try breaking stuff and letting them know when i succeed :laugh:

The new format is definitely worse on my iPad. Much harder to use...

Even writing this makes me feel like an ingrate. I can only imagine how much work Captain and others have put into this project. Unfortunately, it's a big step down for my iPad. Haven't really had a chance to work with it on a regular PC.

Back page seems buggy. have to hit it 1-3 times. Am using IE8. Everything else seems fine atm.

I'm having simular issues and running Chrome on mac OSX.

You guys are doing great btw Cap and Admins. :thumbsup:

edit: if i type in the manual code for the smileys it works for me :)

If I just type in the emoticon it will work.

:tantrum:
Like that ^^^

But on my iPhone when I click on one of the emoticons to the right of the preview box I can't get any of them to work?
Click and nothing.

Altogether it seems a bit slower on my phone.
Capt is there anyway for me to change the text or font size? It seems the letters are smaller now and harder to see on a small screen.

I can only get the quick reply to work as well..

(looks nice and I'm thankful for the hard work that went into the updates though)

Back