anybody down to do a brake-swap at the BASH?

BigDiesel

Registered
I'm pickn up some new EBC pro-lite rotors n pads today, but at this point its not lookin good fo me to have time to install-was goin to hit up a bud's house tonite but he may have to cancel; without use of his stands/tools I cant get the job done solo, so I'm wondering if anyone at the Bash will have a front stand n the basic tools needed to swap front brakes?

I have allen wrenches n regular box/combo wrenches but no front axle-removal tool or stand, if someone else can do the wrenchin, I'll hold the bike up
muscle.gif
but i'd rather use a stand n take my time
cool.gif

Hey Ben-feel like doin some heavy liftn if nobody brings a stand??
please.gif

sweet Kevin-I may or may not get done tonite, just want to make sure I can do this before I start running the Dragon-my rt. rotor has carrier pins in the disc that're so loose, the disc wiggles MORE than a free-floating Brembo!!!
guns.gif

I been rolling with it like that for 3mos. now, n with Maxton coming next month, I wana be prepared
cool.gif

Scott,
I will be there late tonight so I can help tomorrow if you want...

Amy n I wont be rolling in until late Thursday-meeting up with Leo n his wife Thursday morning n heading down around 10am from IL-takes about 11hrs sooooo...we'll C ya Friday morning bro
cool.gif

*unless you like doin 10pm brake-jobs??
beerchug.gif

Stranger things have happened...

I'm bringing my set of brake pads with me so Kevin won't get bored when he swaps out my front tire
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

I'm bringing my set of brake pads with me so Kevin won't get bored when he swaps out my front tire
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Do you want the shop to do the change Friday morning while you 2 are at the Biltmore House?

Or do you wanna wait until Friday night? I do believe someone there has a tire machine.....

I will have my stands and tools as well. You are more than welcome to borrow them if needed.

Whatcha going to do with the take off rotors?
rock.gif
?

laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Do you want the shop to do the change Friday morning while you 2 are at the Biltmore House?

Or do you wanna wait until Friday night? I do believe someone there has a tire machine.....
You mean Thursday right? We'll be at Biltmore tomorrow unless I'm completely confused
winkold.gif

I had my rear brake pads changed last fall; hardly any miles on 'em...I'm pretty sure the stock front ones need some TLC too...I wouldn't mind having your shop do the work if you can
smile.gif
Or, if everyone wants to TP Caesar while he's getting worked on at Phillips, I can do that too
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Stop down in rockford I have every thing you need to change, You can prolly get me to go with to the gap also, but eather way Rockford IL I can hook you up bro.

You don't need to remove the front wheel to change the brakes .............................
firedevil.gif

Back