Anybody been to Road Atlanta?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
AKA Road HOTlanta?

Thinking seriously about doing a track weekend with STT on 18-19 August. Might even do a one-day school (DiSalvo). Need info about lodging, pitting, any tips, etc.

Thanks!

Yes, I have been on the road to Atlanta. It's called "I-20"!

And "NO" you can't get there from Keithville, Tennessee! ???

Thought about making the same date, but I'm pretty sure it's too close to vacation to make it. When in the Barber date?

Thought about making the same date, but I'm pretty sure it's too close to vacation to make it. When in the Barber date?

Two weekends in SEP and one in OCT - the second weekend in SEP and the OCT date seem to have the most interest with other .org members. TwoBros and I are going to be at all 3

Right on, I will have to check and see if I can make any of those dates. The CMP date I did back in June was the practically the last time I was on two wheels. Trackdays have killed my urge to ride on the street.

While very nice, wayyy outside my price range..I'm more of a Super 8 kinda guy :)

I signed up for I on Saturday, and the school on Sunday. Then I talked to Tuf, who advised me it would be better to take the school on Saturday before I get too tired, then have all Sunday to practice on what I learned. So I've asked STT to switch me we'll see if they can.

i did 2 days with K.S. suzuki school--it was great--just gotta focus 150%--think most peeps stayed at country suites or something like that name--it was also great--

I'll be there the 19th. Let's meet up.

Lodging: Chateau Elan is pretty pricy. What kind of Hotel you looking for? I have friends/family discount I can get you.
Pitting: I'm pitting with a friend who was an instructor for a few years. You're welcome to pit with us.
Tips: If your coming Sunday, GA State Law says no use of the track from 10:00a-Noon, so usually they run 2 sessions, then long break. Start back up at Noon until 6:00p.

Here a video from my track day with NESBA a few weeks ago.
[video=youtube_share;h2kl_HMQO-U]http://youtu.be/h2kl_HMQO-U[/video]

I'll be there the 19th. Let's meet up.

Lodging: Chateau Elan is pretty pricy. What kind of Hotel you looking for? I have friends/family discount I can get you.
Pitting: I'm pitting with a friend who was an instructor for a few years. You're welcome to pit with us.
Tips: If your coming Sunday, GA State Law says no use of the track from 10:00a-Noon, so usually they run 2 sessions, then long break. Start back up at Noon until 6:00p.

Here a video from my track day with NESBA a few weeks ago.
[video=youtube_share;h2kl_HMQO-U]http://youtu.be/h2kl_HMQO-U[/video]

Send me a pm with the discounted cost, what I saw online was pretty high. I've already lined up some friends to pit with otherwise I'd take you up on your offer it would be rude to dump them. Make sure we look each other up. Yeah I know about the Sunday rule we do the same at Barber. You can't miss me, I've got the EAT ME sticker underneath the tail :)

Let's hope it cools off for your track event. A hundred degrees and leathers don't mix all that well.

You'll learn a lot. Take a pad and take notes or you'll forget half of what you learn.

Also, keep in mind you aren't in school to show your instructor how fast you are, you are there to learn. Drop the speed a couple of notches and you'll retain much more while impressing your instructor who will quickly recognize the symptoms of exceeding your comfort zone. By reducing speed slightly your lines will become consistent. Consistency is a must in order to make substantial improvements.

IMPORTANT: Don't interrupt your instructor when he is speaking. If you have a question, wait until he is done before injecting a question. It's not important to explain WHY you have bad habits. You are paying for his time and advise, make good use of it. You won't be his only student and time is valuable, keep your lip buttoned and pay attention. Listen and do your best to implement his instruction. There is nothing more frustrating to an instructor than a student who wants to do all the talking!

Make your decision at the end of your first day if you think you could use a second day of instruction. If not, read your notes before the first session of the second day. Keep notes on your thoughts throughout the the track day.

Your Go Pro will be a huge asset for studying your progress especially if you include your gauge cluster with gear selection, speed and tachometer. Video every session and compare to analyze your progress. If there is a photographer on site, purchase photos (Photos don't lie)

Have a fun weekend DiverDude! I'm envious! I'd love to do a weekend with Jason. Although I will have a weekend with Jason Pridmore in September which I'm looking forward to.

Put a new set of Dunlop N-tec's on prior to leaving home! You'll be glad you did. :thumbsup:

As you well know, not interrupting and keeping my lip zipped will be the most difficult! You can remind me of this as the day approaches!

Back