Any welders here?

Kahunas

Registered
I know there are welders on this forum and would love your advice on what you use or if you could suggest a affordable mig welder with inert gas im in college for welding been there since 2010 and there are so many out there i dont wantto buy a piece of crap but i dont have tons of money either please tell me your experiences .

i cant wait to start fabbing my own stuff ...ie swingarm .....im dreaming right now:laugh: still lots to learn.:please:

i have always had good luck with miller and lincoln wielders. Seem to be very stable and operator willing very easy to use and lay a good beed with.

I use Miller and Lincoln at work and these get beat pretty good and they hold up. I work construction so you know how people take care of things lol.

I know there are welders on this forum and would love your advice on what you use or if you could suggest a affordable mig welder with inert gas im in college for welding been there since 2010 and there are so many out there i dont wantto buy a piece of crap but i dont have tons of money either please tell me your experiences .

i cant wait to start fabbing my own stuff ...ie swingarm .....im dreaming right now:laugh: still lots to learn.:please:

This may make you sick......I have a miller tig 3000 dollar unit decided to get a second tig went online found a super 1000 dollar yep thats all and bought it as an outside beater welder let me first say this it will do everything that the miller does ontop of that it has better cooling then the miller this is no crap at all I got the entire package for 1000 bucks footpedal ground tig gun hoses everything the only thing I dont like is the footpedal is cheap but have seen guys online replace the parts inside it cheap and make it perfect but yeah I have welded alot of Stainless steel from .010 to .500 thick with this is is just as good as a 3000 dollar unit no joke at all this is not made up trust me oh and also I am certified in medical welding of all stainless steels its a requirment for toolmaking. Check this out a christmas present for a coworker he bugged me for it so damn much I decided to take two days off and build it for him finished in two days just before christmas.

reel.jpg

I have a Hobart Mig 125. Its a 20% duty cycle and I have welded up to 1/2" tread plate with it. Its an awesome little welder. I paid 300 for it at Northern Tools.

Id have to add that if your planning on welding aluminum u mite want to just spend a little more&get an AC/DC tig machine as good aluminum welds(ie-penetration) w a mig setup require a fairly expensive machine. I have a Miller Synchrowave 200 in my garage but I've used several different setups in the field(Im a plumber/pipe welder)&they all work good if you know what your doing lol

I have a Hobart 140, love it, my only question is, what all will you be welding? If you are going to be welding aluminum you might want to step up to one that can use a hand held spool attachment :thumbsup:

At work we have atleast two dozen welders, all types, were a steel consturuction company. I am not a welder but Im the guy who fixed them and by far the brand I fix the least is Miller, then Lincon. Our Hobarts break the most...

thanks guys as far as what i want to do yes i want to weld aluminum i was thinking of building motorcycle trailer swingarm ....i figure alum. is better lighter stronger compared ..
i know that you can get spool guns for mig not sure how to tig yet thats next year lol well next semester anyway. we use linclon too just thought that maybe school was under budjet and ours are down all the time they complain of money issues but have daytime class eve. class and midnight class all full 14 students in each but cant afford to fix machines anyway thanks for the feedback is there a supplier for metal that you recomend or do you get it in town?

sounds like i need tig and prob. need to go with miller.:beerchug:

This may make you sick......I have a miller tig 3000 dollar unit decided to get a second tig went online found a super 1000 dollar yep thats all and bought it as an outside beater welder let me first say this it will do everything that the miller does ontop of that it has better cooling then the miller this is no crap at all I got the entire package for 1000 bucks footpedal ground tig gun hoses everything the only thing I dont like is the footpedal is cheap but have seen guys online replace the parts inside it cheap and make it perfect but yeah I have welded alot of Stainless steel from .010 to .500 thick with this is is just as good as a 3000 dollar unit no joke at all this is not made up trust me oh and also I am certified in medical welding of all stainless steels its a requirment for toolmaking. Check this out a christmas present for a coworker he bugged me for it so damn much I decided to take two days off and build it for him finished in two days just before christmas.

that looks really awesome and sounds like an awesome buy i would love to find a buy like that :laugh:

I use my welders a lot in my work of course, but I have a few Millermatic 251 for my regular steel, a Millermatic 350P with the Edge Gun for the aluminum mig stuff and the Miller Synchrowave 250 DX for the aluminum and stainless tig needs

:thumbsup:

This is no joke guy's here it is WSE200P AC/DC TIG/MMA PULSE Welder & 1 year warranty - eBay (item 170272996090 end time Feb-07-11 08:26:08 PST) now at a sick price I bought one three years ago from this same seller for just over 1000 bucks now look at the price it does work great just as good as our miller 200 ac/dc look at this picture of my tig gun with a mirror small inspection one for when I had to weld a bung on my busa pipe SS real this material I kept it on the bike and used the mirrow for welding the back side this welder does work great I believe there are some good youtube videos of these welders coparing them to the millers.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

This is no joke guy's here it is WSE200P AC/DC TIG/MMA PULSE Welder & 1 year warranty - eBay (item 170272996090 end time Feb-07-11 08:26:08 PST) now at a sick price I bought one three years ago from this same seller for just over 1000 bucks now look at the price it does work great just as good as our miller 200 ac/dc look at this picture of my tig gun with a mirror small inspection one for when I had to weld a bung on my busa pipe SS real this material I kept it on the bike and used the mirrow for welding the back side this welder does work great I believe there are some good youtube videos of these welders coparing them to the millers.

so what was this for on your exhaust ...bung ?
i know that on my exhaust the oil line was too close to the exhaust is that what its meant for?

This is stainless with my Miller Syncrowave 200 tig. It's not perfect,.......but I'm working on it!! Learn to tig,.......and mig comes easy!!! Good luck!:beerchug:

turbo header.jpg

This is stainless with my Miller Syncrowave 200 tig. It's not perfect,.......but I'm working on it!! Learn to tig,.......and mig comes easy!!! Good luck!:beerchug:

I dont know that looks real good to me ive heard its not how it looks but how it works.:thumbsup:

Back