Any users of this radio, so far so good

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Just checking to see if we had any radio hobbyist on the forum... This little radio is feature packed and I couldn't believe it was 35.00...

Has scanning channels 400MHZ, FRS, GPM
BaoFeng UV-5R

Anyone?

baofeng.jpg

baofeng.jpg

It's amazing what money can buy in electronics these days. I've had a radio shack scanner for years, don't use it much (never) anymore. What are you using it for?

I used to be heavy into HAM radio many years ago, mostly via Morse Code. Still remember. SSB on occasion. I recently found a way to do it via computer. There are HAM hubs all over the planet, and you can install and run app which mimics the whole experience as if you are sitting in front of a transceiver, but with Internet and all, it made no sense. So I spoke with a guy from Europe, yeah he was gonna send me a card confirming our conversation, kinda boring. If all Internet and phone goes down, then this is the way to go.

When I wanted to listen in on the police/emergency band, I found a couple of websites for where I live, and can listen via the internet. That was fun for a while, especially when something was happening. Otherwise, not much was going on.

Looks like that little radio is packed. Would be handy to keep one in a car/home, for those rare situations.

It's a little thing for sure... This would be a GREAT radio for an Autocom or bike to bike radio system. I personally got it to use around the house, has FRS / GPM and I can use it as a scanner at the same time...

I'm a radio tech by trade and threw my UV5R on the service monitor and it was bang on for frequency and the sensitivity was great. You can buy a radio interface for the Sena Bluetooth and be motorcycle mobile on your local repeater.

I'm a radio tech by trade and threw my UV5R on the service monitor and it was bang on for frequency and the sensitivity was great. You can buy a radio interface for the Sena Bluetooth and be motorcycle mobile on your local repeater.

And there ya go... from a pro!

Back