Any Reloaders? Advice pls

Here are the brass I formed for test, AAC SBR

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

What fun is it without a thread jack here and there. :)

There has been a bit of confusion here. We fire .223 and 5.56 from the various ARs.. Now when policing brass we have just thrown them all together. Are we correct in our understanding that the cases are interchangeable when reloading? If not i have a ton of very very difficult brass sorting to do...

On second thought you should just send it all to me & I can er (cough)...dispose of it.....:laugh:

Great thread. You'll love reloading. Even if you only load pistol at volume, you can still customize for greater accuracy.

--Wag--

Strom...watch GB; I've seen two 9-in AAC Uppers for sale just this week (I may buy one of them).

SOOOO, the big question is...Can I subcontract you to make me some 300 220 Grain Sub?

Strom...watch GB; I've seen two 9-in AAC Uppers for sale just this week (I may buy one of them).

SOOOO, the big question is...Can I subcontract you to make me some 300 220 Grain Sub?

As longs as the feds don't mind, and you don't plan to sue me, I can prolly work on a few...we'll see. I am trying to find the perfect mold, and it may take some experimentation, do you have a bullet in mind? I think 1680 is the favored powder... H110 for supersonic. I want to focus on the subs. The short barrel is better for fully cycling on low pressure loads. I like having someone to trade notes with. I may struggle to keep up with my own needs, however... TBD

As longs as the feds don't mind, and you don't plan to sue me, I can prolly work on a few...we'll see. I am trying to find the perfect mold, and it may take some experimentation, do you have a bullet in mind? I think 1680 is the favored powder... H110 for supersonic. I want to focus on the subs. The short barrel is better for fully cycling on low pressure loads. I like having someone to trade notes with. I may struggle to keep up with my own needs, however... TBD

220 Sub is what I'm interested in...usually you've got to supress for sub loads to get it to cycle right...

It's not the bullet, it's the oncoming battle for shipping powder that may get reloaders...

It's all part of the plan...can't ban guns? Ban the bullet, or any component...

Some of you guys are ahead of me. I've collected enough to do it, but have not done anything yet. 1680 and H110 is what I have bought to use.

2013-12-18 21.20.19.jpg

2013-12-18 21.19.51.jpg

Storm i'm sorry but i need to reload my own, but if i end up hating it i will keep you in mind.

I was able to shoot a buddies suppressed AR the other day and now it seems like i have another thing to buy and irritate the wife with. :p Same day i even managed to get two bricks of .22 LR woohooo. :p

You are on a roll...yes, load your own, I only was telling Sky that I might help him out working up a load...I have no intentions of going into loading for others, maybe in another 10 years...:laugh:

update:

tried some new powder "AR-Comp" from Alliant...looking good

got my paperwork for the 300 signed off by the Sheriff, and got my fingerprints done for the feds... just another ~10 months to wait for the stamp...not like ordering a hamburger..

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

paperwork all submitted today for the class three....nothing to do but wait....and load ammo :cheerleader:

If you had done a trust, you could have filed electronically via e-forms - people are getting stamps back at 100 days vs. 12+ months filing electronically. That's what I'm gonna do...

Some of you guys are ahead of me. I've collected enough to do it, but have not done anything yet. 1680 and H110 is what I have bought to use.
I love H110. This is the powder I mainly use in my magnum loads, it flows well through the powder drop and is clean burning. Good stuff! If I want a big boom I use Blue Dot. It makes people turn around and go "What the Hell"? :laugh:

update:

tried some new powder "AR-Comp" from Alliant...looking good

got my paperwork for the 300 signed off by the Sheriff, and got my fingerprints done for the feds... just another ~10 months to wait for the stamp...not like ordering a hamburger..

I can't believe it takes 10 months. I got my stamp right after 911 and it took me 3 months. I thought that was a long time

Back