Any Reloaders? Advice pls

I took a careful look at a 300 BLK round today. It's a cut down, resized 5.56 casing, with a 7.62 bullet on top of it.

When you get it figured out, and are ready to make some subsonic, let me know...

If you are going to convert your own brass, you need one of these.
'

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is some possiblilty to use Osprey suppressor interchangeably between the 45 & the 300... I may want a shorter barrel...:please:

finally got the pic to load

camera 3781.jpg

I been reloading for 30 years now, once you find the load for a rifle its like Christmas, its amazing how accurate even a stock crappy rifle shoots with the right load development. I am heavy into reloading for accuracy and loooong distance. I have tried 3 different progressive presses and always come back to my first press, a Lee cast classic, this press has loaded well over 30k rounds of 308, 223, 300 WM, 300 WSM, 30/06, 270, as well as a few others. Remember you will have to develop a load for each rifle you plan to load for, get on accurate shooter forum and some others for good advice and education in the load process.

My advice is to get a single stage press each and load your own for each rifle.

Now I need to find out if Advanced Armament is good stuff, and decide on the 12 or 16" length upper... I want to be able to run cast subsonic on my pistol range as well as shoot yardage... I did comfirm that if I ever spring for a can for the FNX I can use it with the subsonic blackouts ~120 db

Now I need to find out if Advanced Armament is good stuff, and decide on the 12 or 16" length upper... I want to be able to run cast subsonic on my pistol range as well as shoot yardage... I did comfirm that if I ever spring for a can for the FNX I can use it with the subsonic blackouts ~120 db

The answer is YES, AAC makes a great upper for 300BLK.

If you REALLY want to get cool; buy and build you a stripped upper as a PISTOL, and you can buy the 9 Inch AAC upper...

The answer is YES, AAC makes a great upper for 300BLK.

If you REALLY want to get cool; buy and build you a stripped upper as a PISTOL, and you can buy the 9 Inch AAC upper...

Thanks, I assume that if it is legal as a pistol, then I can run any length barrel I choose.

not trying to jack this thread...:whistle:

Some state laws are different, so you need to check, but in TN:

A stripped lower can be BUILT into a PISTOL (first), with any sbr upper and it's legal as long as you don't put a 1) VERTICAL foregrip and/or 2) a fixed stock (making it an SBR) on it.

Thanks, I assume that if it is legal as a pistol, then I can run any length barrel I choose.

not trying to jack this thread...:whistle:

What fun is it without a thread jack here and there. :)

There has been a bit of confusion here. We fire .223 and 5.56 from the various ARs.. Now when policing brass we have just thrown them all together. Are we correct in our understanding that the cases are interchangeable when reloading? If not i have a ton of very very difficult brass sorting to do...

What fun is it without a thread jack here and there. :)

There has been a bit of confusion here. We fire .223 and 5.56 from the various ARs.. Now when policing brass we have just thrown them all together. Are we correct in our understanding that the cases are interchangeable when reloading? If not i have a ton of very very difficult brass sorting to do...

I'd consider it interchangeable, good problem to have. For accuracy loads I'd sort it, brass can vary a little bit. Also primer pockets need to be reformed for the crimped military brass.

any update on the 300 blk rounds?

I cut down some 5.56 and formed it for 300BLK to test my new dies :cheerleader: I decided on the AAC SBR in 9", went to get the one I had checked out & it was sold :banghead: Should be able to transact the tax stamp on new inventory expected in January...10 month wait currently! This should give me time to find the best mold for subsonic lead that I can use on the pistol range I am building.

Back