Any PC builders here???

There are a lot of people who claim knowlege about computers, but luckily every once in a while you run into someone who isn't lying thru their teeth :)

I hate these threads. I get such a headache from reading them.
Can anyone Babelfish this one into English for me?

Glad it's working for you Manny.

Posting from my freshly repaired pc:thumbsup:

Had a little trouble getting connected to the internet after 30 minutes I realized even after the OS and xp is installed, I needed to load the drivers for the motherboard :whistle: and the video card...:laugh:

sys info

AMD Athlon 64 FX57
2.81 GHz 2.00gb of Ram
XFX 7900 GTX

Have the second card here to SLI but I am wondering if I just be happy with one :whistle:

Drive C: 160 GB
Drive D: 1 Terra

May not sound like much but when I put this thing together it was state of the art.... still more than enough for the modern day game requirements:thumbsup:

I hate these threads. I get such a headache from reading them.
Can anyone Babelfish this one into English for me?

Glad it's working for you Manny.

Manny,

Glad you got it all configured out and it works for you now. As for the SLI there is honestly almost no reason not to SLI the cards together. Only thing I can think of right off is if you don't have the space cause you need the PCI slot you would loose for adding the second vid card, or you don't have a Power Supply that can handle both cards.

This one comes down to personal preference.

Manny,

Glad you got it all configured out and it works for you now. As for the SLI there is honestly almost no reason not to SLI the cards together. Only thing I can think of right off is if you don't have the space cause you need the PCI slot you would loose for adding the second vid card, or you don't have a Power Supply that can handle both cards.

This one comes down to personal preference.

I have the slot and the space and the link cable, power is not a problem either that guy that picked the parts intended and planned to run 2 cards so picked the right power supply for the job. I had taken the card off cause I switched to dual moniters and I was told you couldn't use SLI with dual moniter set up so the card was just in there collecting dust and I took it off..

I am back to 1 moniter but I think I would rather add another 32" moniter rather than run dual cards on 1 screen. Think I am just going to leave the second vid card off. The single card provides and awesome picture, I know it would be better with SLI but the dual 32" screens in your face is just more awesome in games that support it :laugh:

Dual 32's for gaming are cool or triple as long as the game supports it :drool:

Edit: Has there been some progress in that you can use SLI on 2 moniters, they had told me this a while back but software changes every month???

IT guys SUCK! I should know, Went to DeVry Institute in Columbus, Ohio for Bachelors in Science. Programming sucked so I went into networking, repairs and installs(hw/sw). I am now retired, living in Europe and cruiseing when I can.... how nice life can be! Glad you got him up and running Lav. don't know any of you personally but was glad that your up again... P.S. Dude, get a damn xbox or PS3 and then buy a 50" HDTV and play games that way... just my .02 - caio~

I have the slot and the space and the link cable, power is not a problem either that guy that picked the parts intended and planned to run 2 cards so picked the right power supply for the job. I had taken the card off cause I switched to dual moniters and I was told you couldn't use SLI with dual moniter set up so the card was just in there collecting dust and I took it off..

I am back to 1 moniter but I think I would rather add another 32" moniter rather than run dual cards on 1 screen. Think I am just going to leave the second vid card off. The single card provides and awesome picture, I know it would be better with SLI but the dual 32" screens in your face is just more awesome in games that support it :laugh:

Dual 32's for gaming are cool or triple as long as the game supports it :drool:

Edit: Has there been some progress in that you can use SLI on 2 moniters, they had told me this a while back but software changes every month???

Ever since driver 180 release for nvidia GeForce you have been able to have multi monitor support on SLI. Current you can have up to 6 video displays(Hardware dependent).

I am currently running quad SLI with dual monitors.. Kinda wish they were 32" like yours... lucky. I do like your setup though..

Ever since driver 180 release for nvidia GeForce you have been able to have multi monitor support on SLI. Current you can have up to 6 video displays(Hardware dependent).

I am currently running quad SLI with dual monitors.. Kinda wish they were 32" like yours... lucky. I do like your setup though..

Thats not mine ... not yet anyway :laugh: Thanks for the info on the SLI

After get other 32 I will hook it all up:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IT guys SUCK! I should know, Went to DeVry Institute in Columbus, Ohio for Bachelors in Science. Programming sucked so I went into networking, repairs and installs(hw/sw). I am now retired, living in Europe and cruiseing when I can.... how nice life can be! Glad you got him up and running Lav. don't know any of you personally but was glad that your up again... P.S. Dude, get a damn xbox or PS3 and then buy a 50" HDTV and play games that way... just my .02 - caio~

I only play 1 game, and it's a PC only game Eve online :laugh:

Eve online eh... funny. I kinda play that game also. and before you ask no im not out in Null sec. just a lowly little .2-.5 system nub.

Eve online eh... funny. I kinda play that game also. and before you ask no im not out in Null sec. just a lowly little .2-.5 system nub.

You are only 9 jumps away from me but 2 of them are through low sec :hide:

I'd be easy pickings for you pirates :laugh:

You are only 9 jumps away from me but 2 of them are through low sec :hide:

I'd be easy pickings for you pirates :laugh:

yeah like I said no matter what you have to go through low sec to get to where I am.. its a little island of safety muahahahahaha. oh and P.S. im not a pirate.

If you do decide to come out stay clear of old man star. Go the Charmerout -> Yvangier -> Heydieles -> Actee route. Safer that way trust me.. Old Man Star usually has 30+ pirates gate campin.

I've been watching some good video's on youtube from Newegg about building. Lots of good tips out there. I'm fascinated to try to build one.

Solid rig there. I decided to go the laptop route and just score a M17XR2 alienware with dual ATI graphics cards...Guess its all I will need, and I like being able to take one chord to lan parties considering I got a bluetooth mouse for it.

Back