Any Other Gen Ii Mods?

Jake whitebird

Registered
Sure it's been asked a lot. Guy here with lots of experience won't reveal his secrets, it's how food is put on his table. But he said lots of tricks on this thing? Might run a 16/43 for the track then he said cr9ek is the plug to go with. What else can I do to put full potential from this thing? Ecu editor next week. Thanks guys.

Honestly, what Mr. nosbig said is 100% accurate. If you can't exploit what you already have then spending coin on mods is not going to net you the results you are looking for.....whether drag racing or road racing.

If you are into little kiddie roll-on races then spend whatever you can to make it a big bad monster.....but that one day you decide to romp on it from a dig, don't blame me if you see 12'oclock and land on your back.....

Don't take my post as being a jerk off.....I mean well and do not wish anybody to surpass their abilities.

Yea these days you need that much to make a measurable beating on most of them with the exception of the H2 which 90% of those owners do the ECU flash and some exhaust work usually putting them at minimum 230hp with some making 275hp+. Then you need to step up to a Stage 2 Turbo kit, cylinder block spacer plate, HD clutch, lowering and stretch then some balls.

As far as your original post about gearing and spark plug choice. Gearing 1 down in the front is quick and easy way for better acceleration. Depending on your current weight mostly you, my general rule is 220lbs or more, gear like 6 more teeth in the back or 1 down in front and 3 up on back sprocket. This will give you excellent acceleration and only limit your absolute top speed to about 174mph. Spark plug change is really only needed for a power adder change such as Turbo or 50hp+ nitrous shot. So leave the plugs alone or change them with stock ones as a tune up if necessary.

Gen II with performance exhaust, performance air filter and a ECU tune should net like 190hp minimum. The weight of the bike is your next limitation. If you like to spend money like I do, lighten up the bike as much as possible. The exhaust will be the biggest gain from weight. Upwards of 25lbs or so if going to full titanium. I have mine down to 470lbs full tank of gas and it is still a legal street bike that appears unmolested except for the aftermarket exhaust.

Back