Any of you guys or gals drag race?

cache, my buddy who has a 2002 Busa launches at 1500 to 1800 rpms also and his best 60 foot is a 1.61 and he ran a 9.89 at 142, All stock except a front strap and redline oil, 1400 miles on the bike. He weighs 210 - 215 without gear.
tHAT'S A DAMN GOOD 60 FOOT FOR 1500 RPM.

I TAKE THE RUBBERBAND THEORY TO WHY I LAUNCH SO HIGH.

PULL A RUBBER BAND BACK LIKE YOUR GOING TO SHOOT IT, FIRST TIME PULL IT BACK JUST A FEW INCHES THAT'S 1500 RPM AND IT FLY'S 2 OR 3 FEET WITHOUT HARDLY ANY FORCE.
WOULDN'T KILL A FLY THAT WAY.

NOW PULL THAT PUPPY BACK TILL IT'S ABOUT TO SNAP (10,000RPM) AND LET GO, IT GOES BEYOND 10 FEET AND IF IT HITS YOU IN THE FIRST 2 FEET IT WILL GIVE YOU A WELT.

LEAVING AT A HIGHER RPM IS TOUGHER TO HANDLE BUT WILL GET YOU GREATER RESULTS.. 1/10TH IN THE FIRST 60 FOOT IS 2/10TH'S IN THE 1/4 MILE...

YOU SAY YOUR BUDDY WENT 1.61 60FT AND 9.89 1/4
I WENT 1.51 60FT AND 9.68 1/4

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT..

I wanna ride the Psychobike 7 sec Busa. Just once even.

I'll be testing mine regularly this summer at the crappy Little River Speedway in Little River TX

i need someone here to answer my thread in

sad.gif

YOU SAY YOUR BUDDY WENT 1.61 60FT AND 9.89 1/4
                             I WENT 1.51 60FT AND 9.68 1/4

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT..
Rgd808, your 9.68 is a good time. But my Buddys 9.89 was bone stock except front strap, and only 1400 miles on it. and my 12 was 1 tooth lower in the front and straped in the front, stock exhuast and no power commander and went 9.86. we are both 210 naked. With your wheels and exhuast and being 210 suited I'd guess you at 30 to 40 pounds lighter then us. Now that's something to think about.

I raced your track track last year. CedarFalls.
My home track has a higher elevation than yours and I ran a 9:70 at your track before I had the powercommander and at that time I was only running 9:90's at my track..

Okay...you all won't believe this. I saw this post a few weeks ago or a week ago and thought nothing of it because hell I would never think of drag racing my busa. But just yesterday, the president of the CMDRA (Canadian Motorcycle Drag Racing Association) called me up and asked me what it would take to get me and my busa in a race. Well, to make a long story short he offered to fly the Canadian Drag Racing Champions to Vancouver (2 of them) to teach me everything there is to know about drag racing. He offered to put me on their next CMDRA poster, which will come out in Feb or March of May 26 race. Of course, I said I would...but help!!!!
This sounds too scary...everyone of my racing friends think I should since they all do it to improve their starting times and exiting corners. But can you guys tell me what is, "DRAG RACING?" I never even seen a race or know what it's about except going fast in a straight line. Did you have of modify your busa? Is it extremely dangerous? Am I just crazy to be this concerned. Any advice would be much appreciate...good or bad. Thank-you very much.
sad.gif

Here's their website www.cmdra.com...check it out and let me know what you guys thinks. Thanks again.

That is the reason that I bought the busa. I should have everything next week (adjustable swingarm extensions 2-7"'s, Yosh Ems, Full D&D exhaust, Lower 2"'s, airbox mods, k&n, 16 tooth front sprocket). I have never raced a bike at the track so I will have to get used to launching it and such. I will keep you guys updated.

Okay...you all won't believe this. I saw this post a few weeks ago or a week ago and thought nothing of it because hell I would never think of drag racing my busa. But just yesterday, the president of the CMDRA (Canadian Motorcycle Drag Racing Association) called me up and asked me what it would take to get me and my busa in a race. Well, to make a long story short he offered to fly the Canadian Drag Racing Champions to Vancouver (2 of them) to teach me everything there is to know about drag racing. He offered to put me on their next CMDRA poster, which will come out in Feb or March of May 26 race. Of course, I said I would...but help!!!!
This sounds too scary...everyone of my racing friends think I should since they all do it to improve their starting times and exiting corners. But can you guys tell me what is, "DRAG RACING?" I never even seen a race or know what it's about except going fast in a straight line. Did you have of modify your busa? Is it extremely dangerous? Am I just crazy to be this concerned. Any advice would be much appreciate...good or bad. Thank-you very much.
sad.gif

Here's their website www.cmdra.com...check it out and let me know what you guys thinks. Thanks again.
Swan,

Nothing more than going from 0 to as fast as you can as quick as you can. Take it easy, listen to the instructors, and you will have a blast! I'm gonna hit the track for my first time next month. Can't wait!

"Swan" - any update on your day at the track.  I would like to hear how it works out for you and let us know when the poster comes out.

Have fun, it's a blast...
eyes.gif

Hey Cache, Narcissus, Cap. ro? move this over to please which is under 1/4 mile/times

Back