any of you guys commute on the busa?

I commute every day, unless it's raining or the start of the ride temp shows below 28. I love it. I don't get to use the throttlemeister much, but it was invaluable on my 1000 mile ride. Stock seat, which works fine.....it was even oK on the 1000 miles.......I would just put my feet on the back foot rests every once in a while to change seating position. Helibars made all the difference for me......my wrists never once got numb on that long ride!!!! Good luck!!!
smile.gif

I commute about 50% of the time. The busa is a great bike for commuting. Heli bars and Corbin seat are excellent comfort upgrades. I found the TRE device (do a search) helped in traffic and stock gearing is optimal.

...cheast nuts roasting on an open fire...
In MD (once in a while) I found myself in traffic in 105degF weather in full gear, and that was a little much.

I wrapped the exhaust with standard header tape down to the bend (just past the oil cooler) and the heat pretty much stopped soaking into the frame, airbox, and radiators. This was a big improvement and cost almost nothing.

Commute?? Yes even with the turbo Busa 40 miles each way. I do not do it every day, but I do it.

I commute daily to SF, CA (114 miles round trip). I have
a Corbin seat to help the tushy be comfy. I've got over
77,000 on my 2000. She is still running strong.

I start work at 6am..only a couple of weeks a year...it's light at 5am when i leave..
 My commute is on road that starts at 5000' to 7000' down to 6000' where i work.
All high speed sweepers...speed limit starts out at 50 then 45........It is possible to never go under 80 almost all the way, with blasts over a 100+ easy....Dayam..
We have mountain lions, bear, deer,rabbit's, field mice..running across the road regularly...no ride in the dark....I would be suicide at best...even though i see a guy every morning doing it...on a cruiser...you could be going 45 all the way and still die... Phatroy..cool to here hear Busa's run swell at 77 k---mine has 17k and just seems to be broken in now...pure love...  
biggrin.gif
 BTW  25 miles one way.

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: "Spelling errors--Doh'"|1094602434 -->

NOt much commuting here (island is too small), but I've logged in a good amount of mileage. Let me put it this way: My island is only 33 miles long and 26 miles wide (at it's widest point)...and in two weeks I racked up over 600 miles on her. A little over 2000 miles in two months...and no probs.

I agree with the christmas carol thing him was talkin about...it can definitely get hot in those tender nether regions. I have to give what mcoyote said a try...it definitely sounds like a winner. Overall, I think you'll find it pleasureable to ride in almost any circumstance.

You may also wanna check with Narcissus...the busa is his only means of private transport (I think).

Back