any of you guys commute on the busa?

luckydevil

Registered
looking at a hayabusa as an option for a daily driver. just curious what you guys think of it if you commute on one. also, any wrist pain from long rides like most of the current sportbikes tend to dish out? thanks guys.

I ride my '04 LE to work virtually every day, a 50 mile round trip, about half city half slab. While I do have a .75" Genmar riser and a Puig 'racing' screen (a double bubble, they just market it as a 'racing' screen), the Hayabusa is a superb commuter scooter. (I was commuting on it before I did any mods whatsoever and loved it even in stock trim.)

I'm coming off a Kwak 636, so this thing feels like a big sofa to me, no wrist pain or any other sort of discomfort.

FWIW

I agree with opdsgt, the busa is a superb commuter...I do 50 miles one way and do not have a problem...it's mostly interstate so it makes the 50 miles quite easy on the 'busa.
In fact, I would also add that even beyond the commuting the 'busa is an excellent tourer...I did 500 miles to the Honda Hoot this year and I stopped twice for gas...real sweet, real
real sweet ride...
Ride safe...

cool, good feedback guys. thank you.
smile.gif

couple more questions for ya...

how is the stock seat for you guys, will i need an aftermarket one for long rides? also, how is the stock gearing for you guys that commute on it?

i do several 200 plus days on the bike and no problem at all... and most of the 200 miles are in the twisties. good luck.
biggrin.gif

I recently did a 1700 mile day with no back or wrist pain. I have carpal tunnel (sp) in my right hand, and that acted up, but no problem with my left, so I think it's safe to say the Zook makes a decent sport tourer. I also have the Buell peg mod, Helibars, cruise control and extened windscreen in my favor too.

I love the stock seat, but it's too soft for many riders. I have a lot of padding inthat area, so maybe that's the reason it doesn't bother me. I hear that Tobin seats are nearly perfect for most riders.

...how is the stock seat for you guys, will i need an aftermarket one for long rides? also, how is the stock gearing for you guys that commute on it?
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I ride to work a couple of days a week. The stock seat is fine and the stock gearing seems about perfect to me.</span>

I ride to work every chance I get, 54 miles round trip. Plus I get to sleep in 15 min. when I,m gona ride the BUS to work, if you know what I mean.
wink.gif

I have a 110 mile roundtrip to work. I have Genmars, PUIG, Tobin ... very comfortable and lot's of fun. I might invest in a throttlemeister next year, but it's not a priority for me. Stock gearing is excellent.

I have a 110 mile roundtrip to work. I have Genmars, PUIG, Tobin ... very comfortable and lot's of fun. I might invest in a throttlemeister next year, but it's not a priority for me. Stock gearing is excellent.
Sage - Of all the extras I have bought for my bike, the Throttlemiester was the most valuable to me (as a long distance rider). The bike is so stable that you can ride hands free (in the right circumstances, of course) forever!

I have ridden my '03 to work and back almost every day and on business trips in all weather, and have no complaints. Learn to keep your weight off your wrists -- if your elbows are locked and arms stiff, you're doing it wrong and will have pins-n-needles, etc.

Use your hips, legs, and lower back to support your torso, and you'll lay down hundreds of miles in a day without trouble.

Mechanically, the bike has been perfect in 10k miles, stop-n-go traffic, highways, country roads, etc.

44,000 + miles. Use as my everyday conveyance. Bike is stock except for the seats < Corbin >,
the tires < Sportecs > & the screen < ZG DB >. Only reason for the seat is I wanted a backrest
for the wife. The tires are because bridgestones suck. The screen is for looks and a little wind management.
I love my Busa!
Round trip is approx 75 miles. About half of it Interstate other half twisties.
Did I mention I love my Busa?

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1056"|1094442982 -->

the only problem u should have is on the way home or there... rush hour traffic. I had to wait 20 mins of crawl traffic to get on base and i swear all i could think about were christmas carols... cheast nuts roasting on an open fire... oh sorry but seriously engine heat is terriable. other than that great daily driver.

I have around a 60 mile round trip commute when working locally. I ride the busa at every opportunity to work.

I do it almost daily.. ..only problem; LOTS OF HEAT UNDERNEATH!..
sad.gif
if you're stuck in traffic your jewels will fry, along with your thighs and your overall psychology..

AND, the "duck" position is not the best there is when standing still or moving like snail..

AND, you will ruin your tires heads-on..

AND, your mileage will get a nasty turn..

AND, Busa was NOT made for this s***

..in short, I will get back to my XTZ-660 (not significantly better in all above areas, and terrible with the hazardous/slippery Greek roads.. ..but I don't want a THIRD bike for the city.. )

40ish miles round trip and no problems for me. I usually go when traffic is light, so the heating of the jewels isnt too bad, but if I get to sit in the legendary traffic nightmares, it can get a little hot but no tooo bad. I do have a set of helibars which make a big difference.
cool.gif

I commute whenever possible and convient which is like 75% of the time - all winter also, down to about 28-30 degrees.

Only draw back I have is the instilled desire to ride PAST the office and just keep going

I ride to work 2-3 times a week (120mile Round Trip). The Busa is very comfortable. Use the lower back to support yourself and not your arms and wrists, keep the elbows bent and you will have no wrist pain. Recently moved up from a Triumph Sprint ST (Sport Touring), I fined the Busa more comfortable for the long haul, more nimble in the twisties and just sick in the power categorie. One of the best all round bikes I have ever riden. Go for it you'll love it.:)

Commute when I can...21 miles each way...no problems with any of the stock bike, but I'm shorter/smaller than the guys...

Great commuter bike though...I do want to invest in the Throttlemeister...I think that's a must if you commute often or take long trips a lot...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "too many &quot;thoughs&quot;..."|1094573046 -->

Back