Any of The Old Crew Still Here?..

how old we talking'? j/k i know you hit a rut a while back and i hope your life has picked up in a good way. nice to see ya back. :thumbsup:

do'in fine...put a new yuasa in oren a few weeks back..i hadnt been riding the old girl much as i've been on lyrica the past year or so..but tapering off the non-narco meds so..a riding i will go. ;)

Thanks folks...

The good news?: I've been doing okay..my mid-life-crisis party days are long behind me..home, family and job are still intact and i've got well over 2 years clean & sober.

The bad news?: I'm feeling my age..and the many abuses i've put my body through...and my mind. :laugh:

There's been many times i've looked at oren sitting there quietly on her sidestand..shaking my internal head as memories flood in from many years past..both good and bad..then weighing wether this bike will be the death of me...or not..or?..the dreadful thought that creeps in telling me.."Grow up and sell her before you die on her!"...and i hate that thought..so i turn and walk away and do my best to not think it.

But what i dig?..is when the new crowds of people i've been meeting in life are somewhat shocked when i pull up on her and out pops the head of a 54 year old diabetic toothless redneck with a bald spot from under my snazzy Shoei RF1100 Diabolic Revelations Lid...and i love the idea of bungeeing my 3 piece TD recurve to the back for long rides to traditional archery tournaments..the extremes of high tech and low tech wrapped up in one neat fast package kinda turns me on!..but as per my usual?..always...still..."extreme". :laugh:

so..i guess i couldn't possibly "sell her"..besides..in a few short months?..oren will be celbrating her 10th Birthday..as my Silver/Gray 2003 GenI will officially be.."a full decade old"...but still breathtakingly fast..or maybe my old mind is just getting breathtakingly slower?..nevertheless it's seems we're aging well together. :laugh:

Besides..i love hearing my 2 year old grandson hollar "POPAW!..MOTORCYCLE!" whenever he sees me on it..but my 1%'er aging machinist coworkers seem to hound me often asking..

"When are you gonna off that thing and grow up and get a harley?"

as my response is simply just to smile and walk away..shaking my head yet again..thinking..it's "they" who just don't get it. :laugh:

It hurts me that i don't ride as often as i used to..but these days?..i have my good days and i have my bad daze..and it kills me that this lack of riding has affected my skill level...but the important thing is that i thank God that skynet here has finally become self-aware again..enough to know the SAFE difs...as it seems i've lived long enough to experience the flipside of.."That" was now..and "THIS"..is Then". :laugh:

The great news?..i haven't had need of taking any meds or insulin shots in months now..diet, exercise and remaining clean & sober has played a key role of my bodies major organs coming back on-line (so to speak)..and the archery has increased my upper body strength expotentially..my upper body muscles are as in good a shape as they've ever been in the past 20 years...so i can HANG THE HE11 ON! :laugh:

Good hearing from you all and here's a sentence i never thought i'd type! :laugh:

Saiid?..i'm still wearing that cross you gave me..the one dollar one...that was dipped in Lazurus eternal spring of life..that you flew 1/2 way around the world to get and deliver to me..it's the only piece of jewelry i wear..and it hasn't left my neck since the day you gave it to me (over 2 years ago) and said the words..

"Live Bill". :cool:

Glad to hear your doing well. Was thinking about you the other day.:thumbsup:

Glad to hear your health is better and you have been able to reduce your input of prescription medicines. Also good to hear the family unit is doing good!! For your co-workers, just tell them you enjoy modern technology.

what up jinks!!... yea some of us still hanging about....not as impressive as yourself...but we here lol

Hey Bill! Glad to hear from you!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

hello bill. i know you dont know me, but im glad to hear that things are falling into place for you. maybe one day we will meet on the road.

Back