Any Ocala Fla area riders/forums?

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
A girl from a local forum I hang on is moving to the Ocala area and is looking for some forums and/or riding groups in the area. I know we've got a lot of FL folks on here so I thought I'd see what kind of info I could get for her. Since I have VERY little geographic knowledge of FL (and don't have time to check the maps before posting this) I thought I'd just post this up and let folks from that area offer up whatever info they can.

Thanks in advance...
beerchug.gif

BT

biggrin.gif

Florida's the BIG pan-handled shaped state beneath you...
laugh.gif
 Just so you don't have to pull out a map...

I'm just being a smart azz...again...

Raider does regular rides with the Tampa guys, at least he used too...and Rev, although fleeing the sunshine state soon, should have some good info on forums in Florida...

Hello? Florida guys?

Oh, and
bump.gif

biggrin.gif

Florida's the BIG pan-handled shaped state beneath you...
laugh.gif
Just so you don't have to pull out a map...

I'm just being a smart azz...again...

Raider does regular rides with the Tampa guys, at least he used too...and Rev, although fleeing the sunshine state soon, should have some good info on forums in Florida...

Hello? Florida guys?

Oh, and
bump.gif
I thought it was shaped more like a, welll, ummmm, weiner... but I knew where the heck it was!
laugh.gif
Just had no idea what Ocala was close to. Thanks for the, ummm, helpin' hand though Michelle.
biggrin.gif
I think it may be time to do a new vabusa photochop.
devil.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Ocala is a bit NE of Tampa.. maybe 2hrs~ There are some excellent roads through the Ocala National Forest though~ We rode through there on the way to Daytona in October~ Very nice open twisty roads with little traffic~ Can't say if there's a riding group up there or not~ Mostly redneck hillbillies up in them thar parts... no offense intended to any redneck hillbillies here, mind you... just don't hear of many sport bike riding fools from that area~ Send your girl on down to the Tampa area.. we'll take care of her~
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Depending on where in Ocala she is going, one hour down I-75 and you are in the area where the tampa guys usually do their Sunday rides. From my house, Ocala is 1.5 hours. There is even a nice road that is I think 22 miles without a curve and no intersections (short of a few driveways)
smile.gif

Ocala itself is about 1.5 hrs NE of Tampa.
There might be a group out of Leesburg Honda.
I'll have to check. What does yer gal ride?
There is some fine riding in and around Ocala.

Raider out
pirate.gif

I think she has an EX 500 and I think she's a twisty rider at heart. I don't think the 22 mile stretch without a curve would be her idea of a nice road.
wink.gif

Depending on where in Ocala she is going, one hour down I-75 and you are in the area where the tampa guys usually do their Sunday rides. From my house, Ocala is 1.5 hours. There is even a nice road that is I think 22 miles without a curve and no intersections (short of a few driveways)
smile.gif
I'd love to do some Ocala rides -

We should do some rides up that way - it really isn't that hard to get there nor does it take that long.

Besides which I need to lay low in Pasco county for a while . . .

Back