Any new Chrysler owners

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
i wouldn't have worried about this but they said they aren't sending out a notice until February...i know several new vehicles have been purchased recently by members here and we don't need any more bad news that could have been prevented

http://money.cnn.com/2006....6122216

Did ya read the article bro, causing a loss of anti-lock and brake distribution systems, traction control and speedometer functions. [/Quote]

No Dramatic loss of brakes, no flaming wreckage rolling down the highway... Just a loss of function of some of the advanced features, not the out right loss of brakes.

Good heads up though.

(Revlis @ Dec. 26 2006,20:53) Did ya read the article bro, causing a loss of anti-lock and brake distribution systems, traction control and speedometer functions.

No Dramatic loss of brakes, no flaming wreckage rolling down the highway... Just a loss of function of some of the advanced features, not the out right loss of brakes.

Good heads up though.[/Quote]
"Chrysler said that 62,339 vehicles from its 2007 model-year line-up would be recalled to fix a brake system problem it said could cause drivers to lose control."

This looks important enough to me, Keith. Personally I don't like to lose control of my vehicle when driving.

"Drivers", would not lose control.

"Transportation Appliance" owners, would lose control. (But then they do so even without an issue in the car, so...)

(Over_Easy @ Dec. 26 2006,20:59)
(Revlis @ Dec. 26 2006,20:53) Did ya read the article bro, causing a loss of anti-lock and brake distribution systems, traction control and speedometer functions.

No Dramatic loss of brakes, no flaming wreckage rolling down the highway...  Just a loss of function of some of the advanced features, not the out right loss of brakes.

Good heads up though.
"Chrysler said that 62,339 vehicles from its 2007 model-year line-up would be recalled to fix a brake system problem it said could cause drivers to lose control."

This looks important enough to me, Keith.  Personally I don't like to lose control of my vehicle when driving.[/Quote]
Typical media panic.....loss of traction control and advanced anti-lock won't effect "drivers", but will cause panic amongst those incapable of handling their vehicles.

Which, unfortunately, is becoming the norm these days.....

super.gif
Good heads up.
bowdown.gif

Back