Any Mustang owners?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone have one of these? How is it? Mileage, real mileage? 2018 or newer?

Last edited:
Those have a different body style than my (s197) 2013 GT, but same engine and transmission (2018 has some upgraded internals). The early MT-82 transmissions were pieces of garbage and mine went out at 64k miles, but some had theirs break with, as little as, 5k miles. I’ve seen info about ford making some revisions to make it better and the newer ones seem to do ok, unless you have a power adder pushing high HP. I love mine and get about 17MPG in the city and have seen between 22-24MPG on a +3k mile trip. One day, I want a turbo or supercharger kit to set it at 600-650hp. They hold up fine at those numbers with stock internals. I rented a 2016 (s550) once and it was nice and handled better than mine around curves thanks to independent rear axle. Mine does well, but uneven pavement on curves seem to upset the solid rear axle. Those newer ones look kind of funky stock, but there is some nice front and rear spoiler options that make them look sick. I consider one and was the reason I rented for a week to test it out, but didn’t pull the trigger, since mine is paid off. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: c10
Had a 01 Bullitt with a cobra R hood and saleen wing. The new are pretty neat but would get another Z06 first.

I've had more fox bodies than I want to remember, including an 84 SVO. My better half currently drives an 05 GT which she loves, but I've no experience with the newer models. Do like the looks though, and it seems that the Coyote powerplant responds really well to mods.

We have a 15 and an 18. The 15 is a manual and the 18 is an auto, the new auto is bad to bone and we debated on whether to get the GT or the GT350. With the minimal differences in performance, we went with the GT for price. My wife also had an 08, but it does not compare. If you spring for the 18 I dont think you will be disappointed. If you can get a performance Package level 1, you will be happier than the standard GT. The 18 has performance modes and adjustable steering modes. I also like the adjustable exhaust tones, track mode is my favorite. Love this car.

My best buddy is on his 4th Mustang..he had around 250,000 miles on his '05 (was posted to the 'States for a few years and loved to travel). He bought a '16 and loves it but is ordering a '20 GT with Performance 1 pack sometime soon...

He is a Mustang nut, all the posters, knick knacks, etc.....

3 mustangs later I switched to Corvettes. I wanted to go back and test drove the 2018 GT in Auto but it did not compare to my 2008 Corvette at the time. It felt like a truck! Test drive them before purchasing! I'm not saying its a bad car at all, but if performance is your only goal I would go GM. I may own another mustang one day though we will see.

Back